𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

Even though you were holding your old drawing in your hands, you just couldn't believe your eyes.

I mean, many other scenarios were way more likely to happen than Alex keeping it for so many years — He could have lost it upon moving out, maybe forgotten where he had put it, or even thrown it in the trash after how the relationship ended...

But all your guesses were undoubtedly wrong since Alex actually had it as if it was an invaluable treasure to him.

You smiled at the memory of yourself pouring all your heart and love into that portrait. You could almost recall every line traced in it as if you made it just the day before.

"Do you like the drawing? A very kind and beautiful lady made it for me many years ago."

You turned around as soon as you heard Alex's voice behind you, only to find him with two full plates in each hand, and another smile in his lips.

You looked down at the frame again.

"I-I really can't believe you still have this with you, Alex."

"How could I not? I absolutely adored it — Still do." -Alex answered, placing both dishes on the table. -"And to be fairly honest, you deciding to draw me made me feel truly special."

You placed the little portrait back to its place, and then walked up to Alex as you rolled your eyes playfully.

"Well, you were my boyfriend back then, of course I was going to draw you."

Right in that moment, you could swear that you noticed a hint of a bigger smile when you mentioned the word boyfriend, but it disappeared so fast that you doubted if it actually happened or not.

"But I was invisible to a lot of people." -Alex shrugged, putting his hands inside his pockets. -"So you spending your time on drawing me was quite moving to me."

His words made your smile remain, and you gave him a caring squeeze in his forearm, leaving your hand there for a second.

"And now I see I spent the time drawing the right person. I mean, not everybody would keep it all this time."

You detached your hand from his arm and proceeded to sit down in one of the chairs around the table. The mouthwatering smell of the food you both had made met your nostrils, and you just couldn't wait to try it.

You rested your elbows on the dinner table, and when you looked to the front expecting Alex to be already sitting as well, you noticed that he was still standing there.

Before you could ask him if everything was alright, he spoke again:

"And that isn't the only thing I've been keeping since then." -He admitted as he scratched the back of his neck.

You blinked a few times, trying to guess what else he could possibly have.

"Well, what else have you got?"

Alex's cheeks turned light pink, and you watched him walk over the entryway furniture to grab his wallet from one of the drawers.

Once he had returned to the table, he finally sat down in front of you.

You found yourself unable to take your eyes off him — the curl of his quiff that fell over his forehead swayed slightly as he looked for something inside of his black wallet, and it was ridiculously hypnotizing. Then, your heart seemed to melt when you noticed his eyes lit up when he found whatever he was looking for.

Alex handed you a small piece of paper across the table, and both your glances met for a couple of seconds before you took it.

When you looked down at it, you covered your mouth with your left hand.