𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Another week had come, and just like every Friday, you've been working on all the tattoo designs you needed for the following week.

You've also lost the count of the many cups of coffee you had that day; that addictive, hot drink let you manage all your stress like nothing else could... Well, cigarettes were a big help too.

You felt stressed because, much to your dismay, the drawings weren't turning out as good as you expected; making you delete and do them all over again until you were completely pleased with your work. Your eyes felt dry due to so many hours looking at the screens in front of you.

Suddenly, as you were focused tracing another line on your iPad, you felt a hand on your shoulder, making you jump exaggeratedly.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." -Oliver apologized quickly behind you. He found funny your reaction, so he had a smirk on his lips, but it faded away when his eyes landed on your drawing. -"Did I just ruin your design?"

You pressed your lips together, looking at the red line that was now all over the rest of the drawing. -"Kind of, but don't worry, I can fix it... Do you need anything?" -You asked turning around, looking up at him now.

"I was going to tell you that I'm going out with some friends now... Do you want to come with us?" -Oliver smiled.

You groaned. -"Oh, I'd love to but I really want to catch up on work, Oli."

"I could tell." -He ran his hand through your hair, making you lean into his touch. -"I still think you should relax for a while... Maybe call a friend later and have some fun, you look like you need it."

"I'm fine, really—"

"You're stressed, I can tell." -Oliver pointed out, interrupting you. -"Also, you won't stop blinking, you should rest your eyes for a bit."

"Ok, ok... You're right."

"I always am." -He winked, making you roll your eyes playfully.

"Yeah, of course."

Oliver chuckled. -"Well, I'm leaving now or else I'll be late..." -He kissed your lips lightly. -"I'll see you later, and please, don't stress anymore today."

"I won't. See you later, Oli." -You smiled at him as you saw your boyfriend leave, closing the door behind him softly.

As he disappeared, you let a long sigh leave your mouth, feeling like shit after realizing that you had to go back to work once again. Suddenly you felt your cat jumping on your lap, making himself comfortable while he purred. Then, he fell asleep. Oh, to have that life, you thought.

• • •

After finally finishing all of your work for the next week, you remembered what Oliver said and decided to give it a go — You wasted no time and called your friend Sophia, suggesting her to go out that night, and of course, she said yes.

Before you knew it, you were in a pub with her. The loud music filling your ears, people dancing around you and alcohol was already in your hand.

Your mind was somewhere else, though, lost in your own thoughts.

As much as you hated to admit it, you didn't stop thinking about Alex since you saw him again. You just couldn't get him out of your head... The fact that you got to talk to him after so long hit you like a truck. It filled your brain with doubts as well.

Should I call him? Or should I ignore him? Is it better if I just forgive him, or do I tell him that I just can't forget something like that? Does he deserve that chance? Or—