𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

SEPTEMBER, 2005.

2005 was such a nice year for the lads.

Arctic Monkeys ended up getting signed and fulfilled their dream releasing their album "Whatever People Say I am, That's What I'm Not". They got so much love and support, more than they could ever imagine. You even remembered how shocked Alex was when a fan asked him for a photo for the very first time - and after releasing the album, they were told to tour in October. Everything was going perfect.

...but then the day you feared so much arrived.

• • •

"I knew this would happen!" -You yelled, entering your room and throwing your phone on your bed. -"I just knew it!"

"Hey, what's wrong, love?" -Alex asked, looking at you concerned. You sighed and caressed your temple.

"Alex I... I didn't tell you but I sent a request to a school like two months ago, so you know, maybe I could start my tattoo lessons." -You frowned. -"I really thought they wouldn't accept me because it's quite hard to access but surprisingly... they did."

"And why are you frowning!?" -He got up. -"I mean, that's awesome! Isn't that what you wanted?"

"Yeah but you don't see the problem here, do you?" -You groaned. -"We had planned to go to your tour together... What are we going to do now?"

"Fuck, I... I didn't realize that." -He scratched the back of his neck. -"Are you sure they dates coincide?"

"Very sure." -You sat down in your bed. -"I've checked out the dates a million of times just in case this happened."

Alex sat down next to you, caressing your leg slowly. He probably was thinking about what to say, so you remained quiet, waiting for him to say something.

"Darling... I want you to take advantage of every opportunity that pops up, you know?" -He stated suddenly.

"But... I don't want to be away from you for so long, Al." -You looked at him. -"It's way too much."

He nodded silently and hugged you. You rested your head on his shoulder and he talked again. -"Neither do I... But please, think this through. Both things are huge, and none of us should reject them. Also, we will be waiting for each other anyways, won't we?"

"Of course but I don't know, Alex, I..." -You sighed. -"What if we can't handle the distance between us? What if this doesn't go well? What if-"

"Stop with those "what if". " -He interrupted you. -"Y/n... I'm as worried as you are, but we are stronger than all that, and you know it."

"Yeah but-"

"No buts. You know there's nothing I want more than having you by my side during this tour, or me staying with you during your classes... However, I think you should stay... I don't want you to regret it."

"I wouldn't regret it if it means staying with you." -You looked up at him, he half smiled.

"But I'll be here forever." -He kissed the tip of your nose. -"You just got a call from literally the best school around... and they won't wait for you."

"Can you at least let me think about it?" -You pleaded. He looked at you with big eyes and ended up nodding with a long sigh.

"Alright..." -He said and you pecked his lips.

Your brain was telling you to say no to the tour, but your heart was yelling at you to go with Alex. It was a hard choice and you definitely had a lot to think about today.