𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

MAY, 2005.

Alex's POV.

Our band was getting recognized faster than we could have ever imagined... It felt like a dream.

It was crazy how after our very first gig, people wouldn't stop asking us for new songs and shows. A lot of bars and pubs would call us to play for them too... Things changed fast, huh? I mean, some months ago they were rejecting us.

And the most incredible thing was that we even had a meeting so we could talk about the possibility of recording our first album properly. Just like real bands do.

But not everything was going perfect. I also started being so busy that I could easily forget about my plans with y/n...

or with anyone, really.

It made me feel like shite because I knew that's not how I really am... But mostly because I hated to see her angry for making her wait, or disappointed because I didn't remember. That needed to change.

That's why today I was willing to start being more attentive and give her all she deserved, as I used to before having all these rehearsals.

• • •

As soon as I walked out the studio after our meeting, I headed to the train station.

It wasn't far away so I got there pretty fast. It was too crowded for my liking - my guitar would hit everyone as I walked by - only apologies coming out of my mouth; then I finally reached the platform where the train supposedly had to be waiting for us... but I frowned as I saw no one there.

No people, no train.

"Uhm... Excuse me?" -I sheepishly said, catching the attention of a worker. -"Can you tell me where's the train, please?"

"The train left already." -He answered, making my mouth fall open. God, no.

"W-What!? But... It's 16:15h and the ticket said the departure time was at 16:30h..." -I stuttered, grabbing the paper from my pocket. When I checked it, I wanted to punch meself as I realized I read the hour wrong. It actually said 16:00h. -"Oh... Nevermind, it was my fault."

"I'm sorry, kid." -He replied. -"You'll have to wait until the next one, it leaves at 17:15h."

I sighed, running my hand through my hair. -"Alright... Thank you, sir."

While I went to buy the tickets for the next train, I called y/n and dialed her number over and over again, hoping she would respond so I could explain what happened - but she didn't.

I didn't stop trying though, I couldn't let her think that I forgot again.

Your POV.

"Are you alright?" -Your mum asked as she saw you sitting on the couch, a frown in your face. You were drawing random stuff in a notebook.

"Yeah." -You muttered, your eyes still locked to the notebook, but your mum wasn't stupid - she knew you were lying as she noticed the force of your pen against the paper.

"I know something's wrong, sweetheart." -She said softly, earning a sigh from you.

"Alex should have been here two hours ago." -You explained, finally looking at your mum. -"He forgot... again."

She crossed her arms over her chest. -"He has done that a few times already... Didn't you tell him how you feel about it yet?"

"No." -You replied, looking down and starting drawing again. -"But I definitely will today... Well, if he comes, of course."