𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚

In the last chapter...

"Alex, you're lying to me, aren't you?" -You asked again. -"What else did I say yesterday?"

You waited for him to answer but silence filled the line. Frowning, you talked again. -"Alex?"

"Do you really want to know?" -He inquired, his voice lowering a bit now.

"Yes." -You gulped.

"Meet me today at your Studio at 5 pm and I'll tell you, then." -He said. -"Don't be late, Mardy."

And before you could say anything else, he already hung up.

• • •

"What do you mean you're seeing Alex Turner today!?" -Sophia yelled annoyingly loud next to you after you told her the news. My God...

"Stop screaming, Sophia!" -You made a face and covered your ears, but she kept squealing. -"I'm seeing him, yeah."

"But what changed your mind? I thought that you didn't want to do anything with him anymore?"

"And I didn't want to!" -You began excusing yourself. -"But... Apparently, I got a little bit drunk the night we went out together and... I might have called him." -You let out a little embarrassed laugh.

Sophia's jaw dropped to the floor, but an amused smile appeared on her face right after. Her right hand covered her still open mouth. -"No way, are you serious!?"

"Yeah." -You sighed, rubbing your forehead. -"But it wasn't me, alright? It was the alcohol!"

"How did you find out that you called him, though?"

"I don't remember anything about the phonecall, but I woke up with a message from him... He wanted to know if I got home safely."

Sophia looked at you in silence, a blank expression on her face as she processed everything you just said. Then, she yelled again as you expected; making you groan. What did she find so fun about this, anyway?

"But that's so EXCITING, y/n! Are you nervous? And are you gonna kiss him? Can I go with you? What are you going to wear? I can help you choo—"

"Oh my Lord, I am not going to kiss him!" -You exclaimed, that question standing out especially. -"I'm happy with Oliver, just in case you forgot about that detail, Sophia."

"Well yeah, but you would do it if you weren't with him, am I right?" -She asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Why would I kiss someone who cheated on me and then forgot about me for 7 years? So he could do it all again?" -You spat.

"You're right, sorry..." -She quickly shut her mouth, but not for too long. -"Can I kiss him, then?"

You rolled your eyes but were unable to contain your laugh. -"You would love to do that, wouldn't you?"

"Well, isn't that obvious?" -She said. -"Every person in their right mind would love to get a kiss from him... Not all of us are as lucky as you, you know?"

"I bet you all do." -You said, getting up from the couch. -"Anyways... You said you wanted to help me with my clothes?"

"Yeah!" -Sophia said, getting up too.

"Let's go, then!"

· · ·

You both walked upstairs, heading to your bedroom.