𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙

When you came back home, the rest of day felt really boring. You got used to be with Alex and Matt and you really wished you could repeat it all again. You didn't remember having so much fun before, so you just waited to the day to be over and be excited because tomorrow you'd see them again at school.

• • •

The next morning, the awful sound of your alarm woke you up. Ugh. It was Monday again.

Lazily, you stretched a little bit before getting up from your comfortable bed. It probably was the hardest thing to do every morning, you just love sleeping; but the fact that you'd be seeing Alex in a matter of minutes gave you enough energy to fastly change your clothes into your uniform and go downstairs.

As every morning, your mom left your breakfast ready in the kitchen. You started eating it and soon you saw her approaching you. She kissed the top of your head.

"Good morning, mom." -You said sleepily but with a spark of happiness in your voice.

"Good morning, seems like you woke up happy today, huh?" -She smiled. -"Is there any reason to that?"

You bite your sandwich. -"No, not really." -You lied.

"Alright..." -She kept smiling.

You remembered Alex told you he would pick you up at your house every morning so you could go together to school, but time passed and there was no signals of him. You looked up to the clock and noticed it was almost time to leave and he didn't appear yet. Did he forget about it?

"You're going to be late, sweetheart." -Your mom said. You sighed.

"But Alex... he told me he would pick me up."

"Honey, I just don't want you to be late, so you should leave already."

"Okay..." -Your mood changed in a matter of seconds.

"Now I know who was the reason you were so happy some minutes ago." -She gave you a half smile. -"Don't worry y/n, maybe he's just late too."

You nodded, kissed her cheek and grabbed your bag. Right when you opened your door, you saw Matt and called him.

"Hey, Matt!"

"Oh, good morning y/n." -He said smiling at you. He waited until you reached him. -"How are you?"

"Well, how am I supposed to be at 7am, on my way to school on Monday?" -You snorted.

"I feel you, I really wanna die right now." -He laughed.

"You know... you know where's Alex?" -You asked suddenly. Matt looked at you with his eyebrows slightly lifted. -"I mean... he told me he was going to pick me up, but he didn't appear."

"He's sick so Penny told me he wasn't going to go to school today." -He shrugged.

"Oh, okay..." -You felt bad for him, being sick is awful. -"Who's Penny, by the way?"

"Penny's his mum."- He smiled. -"The sweetest woman I've ever met."

You thought it was cute the bond they both had, and not just Alex and Matt, you could realise they knew each other's families so well. It almost made you feel jealous, you wished you had something like that.

• • •

You were spending the day with Matt's company, in every class he would sit next to you. He was creating a pretty nice friendship with you. Knowing that you were new in Sheffield, he wanted to make you feel as comfortable as he could.