• 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 •

Two days had passed since you came back home after the night you spent with Alex. And no, you still didn't find the courage to tell Oliver what really happened, or what your feelings were.

Every time you wanted to bring it up, he would change the subject, his kindness would make it impossible, or you just cowered.

You felt like a terrible person, like a kid that's made trouble and is scared to tell their parents and face reality. It was being more difficult than you imagined, but you just had to do it soon. You knew it.

Alex on the other hand kept being understanding, telling you to tell Oliver only when you found the right time to do it — but the day you felt the most anxious, he decided to show up at your front door.

When you opened the door and saw him there with a reassuring smile on his face, your jaw dropped.

"Alex? What are you doing here?"

He took a little step forward, his hands inside his pockets. -"I know these aren't being easy days for you, and today you sounded even worse... I just wanted to make sure you were alright."

A huge smile appeared in your face and you grabbed his hand, making him enter your, thankfully, empty house.

"Thank you for coming, Alex, I really appreciate it... Today has been really stressful, yes."

"Want to tell me about it?" -He inquired, tilting his head to the side.

"Sure. Do you want something to drink first, though?"

"I'm good. Thanks, love." -He replied. You blushed ridiculously, which didn't go unnoticed, making him smile. -"Aren't you the sweetest when you blush, Mardy?"

"Oh, stop it." -You slapped his chest playfully, and you both sat on the couch close to each other.

"So, tell me about your stressful day."

You sighed and licked your lips, intertwining your fingers on top of your lap.

"My job has been getting on my nerves these days. Don't get me wrong, I love it dearly, but it isn't easy to focus on tattooing when I have... so much going on in my head."  -Alex placed his left hand on your thigh as you talked. -"I want to tell Oliver about what happened. I need to. But everytime I try to say it, my whole body betrays me. No words come out of my mouth. It's like I freeze, and it makes me anxious."

"Come here." -Alex said, extending his arms so you could cuddle next to him. -"I know it's not an easy thing to say, and I know you're not prolonging it on purpose, but the quicker you do it, the better. You can't keep letting days go by, that will only make you feel worse, and I bet it gives him more hope every day."

You sighed and hugged him tighter.

"I know, trust me, I do. And I want nothing but to get it over with so I can be with you, and not worry about anything else."

You could feel him smile against your temple.

"That day is coming, I know that."

But just by thinking about everything you will have to go through until that day arrives, made you frown and grow tense under his grip. He obviously realized, for your muscles hurt and felt like rocks.

"You've got to relax now, my dear." -He said softly, massaging your back a bit. -"I can feel how tense you are."

"I don't think I can, to be honest."

You both remained silent for a few seconds, until Alex pulled away just enough to look into your eyes, a smile on his face.

"Should I help you with that?"