Dragon Pox

Dragon Pox.

Quite treatable for those of a young age, but for Fleamont, being in his sixties and already this ill, his chances of survival were dwindling down by the minute. Ordinarily, people of an older age wouldn't recover from this disease especially if they're already showing such severe symptoms.

How had he been so sick and we hadn't noticed? He had looked unwell, but I thought he was just tired. If only I would've noticed sooner.

"Dragon Pox? It can't be, the survival rate for someone our age is-" Euphemia started, holding back a choked sob, not able to finish her sentence.

"Ma'am, I'm very sorry. We're doing everything we can for Mr. Potter, but there's another matter at hand." The Healer admitted, putting a supportive hand on Mrs. Potter's shoulder.

Once she had Mia's full attention, she continued, "Dragon Pox is highly contagious, if you've been living with him, you have to be checked out."

"How did this happen? I thought he was just tired from work but now you're saying he could-, " She put her head in her hands, "But now you're saying he could die?"

"We're doing everything we can, Mrs. Potter. Please come with me, there's a good chance you could have contracted the same disease." The Healer grabbed her by the elbow, leading her into another doorway, and disappearing from view.

James stood frozen in shock, his jaw clenched, tears swimming in his eyes. Lily was rubbing his back comfortingly, but she didn't seem to be able to say anything at the moment, quite appalled herself. 

I had known the Potters since before I can remember, since I was a baby. They were like my second parents, always treated me like their own when I visited their home, which was often considering James, and I had grown up as best friends. They always wore a smile on their face, joking around, warming our hearts, and now Fleamont could die, just like that, and Euphemia could soon after.

All we could do was hope and pray that Fleamont would pull through, but by the sounds of it, that chance was small. The Healer didn't share any reassuring words that he'd be okay, she probably figured he would die, older people do all the time in the wizarding world. Hopefully, Euphemia would be cleared of any diseases, we'd wake up from this sick and twisted dream, and everything would be alright.

I was brought back from my trance when I heard somewhat heavy breathing to the right of me. 

Sirius.

How had I forgotten how awful Sirius would feel? Those were like his real parents, they had taken him in when he had nowhere else to go, they loved him like a son, they treated him just as much as a son as they did James. Sirius relished in the first paternal affection he had ever experienced, but now his parents were being ripped from his grasp, and there was nothing he could do.

He stood there, his eyes glued to the ground, but his hands slightly shaking, balled into fists. I could see his eyes glistening with tears that he willed not to fall, at least not now, not in front of James. 

"Siri, I'm so sorry," I whispered, grabbing onto his hands, causing him to look me in the eyes.

"I can't believe it. Fleamont, he was more of a father to me than Orion, and now might die." He whispered back, a single tear falling down his cheek. 

Before I could even utter a word, the Healer came back confirming that Euphemia indeed was suffering the same fate as her husband, except this time she had even worse news.

"I'm afraid their chances of survival are very low. I suggest spending time with them now, while you still have the chance. Mr. Potter seems to be in worse shape than his wife." The Healer stated sympathetically, leading us to the room the Potter's were occupying. 

The room was separated by a wall with a single door that could allow us to enter the next room as we pleased. Fleamont indeed seemed to be in worse shape than his wife, so while he was coughing she could rest in the next room over. 

Parts of his skin had turned a dreadful green, but his coughing had been occurring nonstop, each hack causing more energy to seep from his frail body. Euphemia had also turned a sort of green color, meaning that their symptoms were progressing very quickly, too quickly.

"James, I think you should spend some time alone with them, I'm going to send a Patronus to my parents, let them know," I informed, squeezing his shoulder comfortingly.

After sending the Patronus, I made my way through the hospital corridors, looking for Sirius who had mysteriously disappeared after he had gotten a look at the Potters. After peering into random rooms, I finally spotted him on a secluded terrace at the end of the gift shop floor.

As I approached the leather jacket-wearing long-haired lad, I saw puffs of smoke leaving his mouth, I sighed at the sight of him smoking knowing how detrimental it was to his health.

I gently closed the door behind me, giving us more privacy.

"Vic." He murmured, throwing his cigarette to the ground and crushing it with his foot, knowing that I hated those cancer filled sticks.

I sat down next to him, watching the last few puffs of smoke dissipate into the cool spring air, however being in a hospital always made it seem that much more gloomy. Before I could completely take in my surroundings, Sirius pulled me into his chest, burying his face in my hair. Almost immediately, I wrapped my arms around his muscular figure, never wanting to let my husband go. 

"I'm so sorry, Sirius," I whispered.

"I can't imagine how you're feeling, you've known them your whole life. They only took me in a few years ago, I feel so selfish, that I feel this way when you and James should be the ones mourning." 

That made my heart break for him even more than it already was. He believed he couldn't even feel the way he did because he hadn't known them as long, how wrong he was. 

"Listen to me, Sirius, you have every right to feel the way you do. They are your parents, you are their son. They love you, and you love them, you are not selfish for having emotions."

He pulled his head from the crook of my neck, gray eyes meeting blue, and he felt thankful. He felt thankful for having such a dependable, devoted wife that would stick by his side through thick and thin. He felt grateful that she was growing their child, their daughter. 

"I love you so much, Victoria. I wouldn't be able to live a day without you."

"I love you more, more than you'll ever know."

"Impossible."

We sat like that for a while, in each other's arms, despite the world moving so quickly around us. A few tears fell from his eyes, soaking my shirt, but I didn't mind. I never would.

                                                                                              ***

I freaking love Victoria and Sirius, their relationship is goals, it makes me feel so lonely hahahahaha... Anyway, I hope you're all having a fabulous day! Also, remember like 20 chapters ago I said it would only be around 40-50 chapters long and now we're on 70 hahaa, don't worry I know exactly how I'm ending it and I'm so excited to write about it so stay tuned!

XOXO,

SiriusBlackLover <3

If you enjoyed, Vote!