Triple the Trouble

A few days had gone by, currently, the whole crew was gathered in Lily and James's living room where Alice had just announced that she and Frank had eloped.

"YOU'RE MARRIED? I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE YOUR MAID OF HONOR!" Marlene shouted, but still enveloped her friend in a big hug.

"I know, I'm sorry. Frank and I never wanted a big wedding, so we figured why not, let's just do it." She replied, a smile from ear to ear, "But that's not all."

I looked at my friend in front of me, a smirk pulling at her lips, her short hair clipped away from her face. It looked as if she was glowing, more radiant than ever, that's when it hit me.

"OH MERLIN, YOU'RE HAVING A BABY!" I screeched, jumping up and down while taking hold of her hands. She nodded her head quickly, making every girl in the house screech with words of congratulations.

"Um, James and I have some similar news!" Lily added, making everyone turn their heads at her in shock. Everyone in the house jumped up, whoops spilling from our mouths. 

"THREE BABIES? Are you telling me we're having three babies in this friend group? All arriving around the same time?" Remus asked, his jaw on the floor, "So help us all."

Of course, we'd talked about all getting married and pregnant around the same time when we were still in school, every friend discusses it at one time or another, but it was never guaranteed that our fantasies would come true, but now it was set in stone, our babies would be best friends. 

"That's it, we're all going to St. Mungos tomorrow to find out the genders," Lily demanded, genuine joy radiating from her soul. We nodded our heads in unison, more excited than we've ever been.

                                                                             ********

We walked to the front desk, the hospital smelled like a doctors office, everything was clean and white, just as I expected. I had never been to St. Mungos before, luckily. Usually, when people come here it's because they're dying or something is seriously wrong. I never liked surrounding myself with death, but I was here to bring life into the world, so I wasn't opposed to coming to the hospital. The nurse at the front desk directed us to the floor that dealt with pregnancies, chuckling slightly at the idea of three friends getting pregnant at the same time.

Myself, Sirius, Lily, James, Alice, Frank, and Marlene walked through the halls until we made it to a door with a sign labeled 'Pregnancy'. We shared a glance, beaming, before entering. We were taken into separate rooms, with our spouses, to be examined. The doctor applied a cool gel to my abdomen before placing a machine that could see the baby onto my stomach. Immediately, we heard a tiny heartbeat, beating and beating like a gentle hum. Sirius squeezed my hand, his eyes only leaving the monitor where our baby was to look at me, his eyes filled with adoration.

"So it looks like you're about a month and a half along. Do you want to know the gender?" The healer asked, looking between the two of us, we nodded our heads in unison.

"Very well, it's a girl." 

It's a girl. It's a girl. It's a girl. I was having a baby girl. This all became so much more real hearing the healer say those words, I was actually pregnant with a baby girl. I looked to Sirius who wore the biggest grin I'd ever seen. He was gonna be a dad to a daughter, he'd threaten boys when they fancied her, help teach her right from wrong, love her like no other. He pressed his lips against my own his hair falling into his face and tickling my skin.

"That's our baby." He declared, pointing to the monitor that showed our little baby squirming in my womb, "We're parents."

"Yes, we are," I added, grinning from ear to ear.

After the healer excused us, we met up with Lily and Alice in the hall.

"GIRL!" I yelled, clapping my hands.

"BOY!" Lily shouted.

"BOY!" Alice yelled, embracing the two of us in a big hug.

"Triple the trouble!" Marlene squealed, joining our hug and squishing us together.

James and Sirius bear-hugged, leaving Frank standing awkwardly to the side, so they pulled him in as well, clapping him on the back. Those who walked by would see six friends overly enthusiastic about being parents, it was surely a sight for sore eyes. 

They were finally in the real world, married, with kids on the way, they weren't children anymore. It was a weird feeling, having just graduated Hogwarts and all, they were adults, they were about to be parents, how odd. It had been seven years they knew each other, seven years of friendship, pranks, jokes, laughing, petty fights, quidditch matches, studying, sneaking out, and it was now a memory. It was emotional, knowing that that chapter of their life had come to a close. They would no longer be able to sneak out of the Gryffindor Common Room to go to the kitchens, go to the Whomping Willow to aide Remus on his night of misery, shag on the Astronomy Tower, it was all over, and I had just now realized it. 

I had just realized that I was no longer that foolish girl who'd deny her feelings for the boy she loved because she was afraid to get hurt, that girl who'd cheer so loud at the quidditch games that the people around her would plug their ears, the girl who'd drag her friends to every shop in Hogsmeade just for the fun of it. That girl was still in me, embodied me, but I had grown up. So here I was, standing in a hallway on the pregnancy floor of St. Mungos, pregnant along with my best friends, married to the love of my life, just realizing how much my life had changed, who I had become. 

I had thought my younger self would've been disappointed because I wasn't making a change, but that younger girl was still inside of me, and she wasn't disappointed, not at all. That girl was thrilled, she had got the life she'd dreamed of. She was surrounded by the people who mattered most, finding the light in the dark, making the most of what was thrown at her.

Tears were spilling from my eyes, I blamed them on pregnancy hormones, but also sheer happiness. I had never felt so content, so comfortable, so overjoyed at who I was, but I was so incredibly proud of myself. Joy was dripping off of every square inch of my being, and at that moment, I felt fearless. More daring than I had ever felt in my entire life, I was ready for anything that'd be hurled my way, I'd do it for my baby, my husband, my parents, my friends. 

"You okay, darling?" Sirius asked, engulfing me into a strong embrace. I smiled into his chest, my heart pounding with passion.

"Never better, babe." 

                                                                              ********

I literally was crying realizing that they were officially done with school, and if I was in their shoes how emotional I'd be ughhh... Anyways, there was some sweet emotional realizations in this chapter, but that's growth, and that's needed. Victoria's a badass who can stand her ground, but we already knew that, right? Enjoy :)

XOXO,

SiriusBlackLover <3

If you enjoyed... Vote, it makes my day!