2.14.81

February 14, 1981

Valentine's Day

"Come on!" Sirius yelled, "We're gonna be late."

I rolled my eyes from the bedroom, managing to finish tying the laces of my Chuck Taylors and throwing on one of my husband's leather jackets. It was mildly oversized, but a simple sizing charm took care of that.

"Late for what exactly?" I yelled back, taking a glance in the full-length mirror, before nodding and heading to the nursery.

I could hear Sirius tut, "You'll find out when you find out."

I picked Aurora up from her crib, grabbing the diaper bag that lay next to it before dredging to the kitchen, "Okay, Mr. Secretive. We'll drop her off at my parent's, they haven't seen her in a few days."

Sirius winked, taking Aurora from my arms, "Perfect."

I quirked an eyebrow, "You're acting strange."

He gasped, "Is it so strange that I want to show my gorgeous, smoking hot wife the love I have for her?" He spared a glance at his daughter, "Don't you agree, young one?"

Aurora just looked at her father, a small smile gracing her face. 

I let out a laugh, "Alright lover boy, we should get going."

We apparated to my parent's house, welcomed by the familiar aroma rising from the fireplace, how I missed my childhood home. Don't get me wrong, living with Sirius is glorious, but being in my old home reminds me of when everything was different. The Potters were still alive, I wasn't scared every minute of every day that something could happen to my friends and family, time has definitely changed since. 

"Ringo."I called out at the old elf, "How are you?"

His big brown eyes lit up, bowing, "Mistress Victoria, how I've missed you."

I hugged the elf, frowning at the sight of tears filling his eyes, "Mistress Victoria has her own family now, a husband and a daughter. I'm so happy for you, you've grown up."

"I believe you have places to be, you two," Eleanor started, taking Rora into her own arms, "How are you baby girl, you've grown since I last saw you."

I rolled my eyes, "You saw her last week."

My father strolled into the living room, "We're retired, our job is to look after our grandchildren."

A few months back, my parents retired from their jobs as Aurors. They're only in their fifties now, but work without their best friends just wasn't the same so they decided to retire early and let the younger generation handle capturing death eaters instead. Now, they mostly stayed home and I visited them when I deemed it safe.

"Speaking of grandchildren," Sirius began, "Don't you think it's time we give you another one?"

I rolled my eyes, "She's only six months, Siri, we can wait a year or two."

My mum shook her head, "I agree with Sirius, the more the merrier when it comes to the Windsor household."

"If that's the case why'd you only have one child?" I asked, one eyebrow raised, stifling a chuckle.

"You were too much of a handful for us to even consider having another child." My dad laughed, "Very clingy, you were."

I scoffed, "Dad!"