I.S.N.Y.F.B.Y.H.D

There he stood, the boy she loved deeply, looking at her. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it quickly. They stared longingly at one another, not knowing what to say. He looked at his feet before speeding off in the opposite direction, and he took whatever mended pieces of her heart she had left with him. She allowed her tears to fall freely, not being able to run after her lover.

She found herself in the room of requirement, gazing into the mirror. The mirror allowed her temporary relief. Relief from her heartache, relief from her pain, and relief from duties as an alleged 'death eater'. She started tracing the engravement of the words above the mirror, examining them closely. She had memorized the sentence, finding herself writing them down when she sought comfort, but now it clicked. She furrowed her eyebrows and gotten even closer, if possible, to the mirror. Looking at the sentence backward she realized it formed words. For so long she thought maybe the mirror showed the future, what was yet to come, but today she realized what the mirror really showed, what the engraving stated backward.

'I show not your face, but your hearts desire'

It wasn't the future, after all, it was her heart's greatest desire. She wandered back to the common room, for she knew Remus would worry if she didn't show. She whispered the password and instantly found Remus sitting at one of the tables.

"Hey, sorry I was finished in the library and decided to come back here. What did Dumbledore want?"Remus asked glancing up from his Potions essay.

"Oh, just wanted to talk about what my future holds outside of Hogwarts." I lied.

"Really? Isn't that McGonagall's job?" Remus asked, setting down his quill altogether, his full attention on Victoria.

"Yeah, but he said I'm really advanced in performing magic, top of our class actually." Technically, I didn't lie. Dumbledore had called me into his office a couple of months ago recruiting me for Thesteral United and told me how skilled I was compared to my peers.

I had barely any time to even think of Dumbledore's organization. He had called me inside his office multiple times to give me insider information about what the group was up to. He never specifically gave me information about the people inside Thesteral United, and what an odd name? Surely they could have come up with something more sensible. Now he wanted to me follow a teacher, there must be somebody more qualified, surely a student shouldn't be given this task. Thinking of students, why would he recruit me of all people? Why not my friends, or at least Lily? That man was strange, but he had to be up to something, he just had to.

"What on earth are you thinking about so intensely?" Remus asked concern plastered on his face.

"Remus, you need to stop worrying. You're gonna have greys by the time you're twenty." I replied with a cheeky smirk. I had learned over the course of the year that it was easy to hide your emotions. You just smile and laugh, and everybody thinks you're okay. 

                                                                                 ***********

Ugh, I know this is a really short chapter, but the next chapter is gonna be really intense and something I've been waiting to write for a long time! I'm really excited about the next chapter, but I still wanted Victoria to figure out what the Mirror of Erised meant. This mirror means a lot to her, when she was completely alone, she turned to the mirror and it comforted her in ways people could not. ALSO, I know a lot of fanfics in the Marauders era only have a few chapters on life after Hogwarts until Lily and James die and all of our hearts are broken... should I include a lot of detail during that time period? Should I even kill Lily and James? Let me know :)

Also, does anybody know what the title of this chapter stands for?!

XOXO,

SiriusBlackLover <3

Don't forget to vote and comment :)