Another Transformation

The next morning, I couldn't help but smile at the thought of being a married woman, but not just any ordinary married woman, a woman married to the one and only Sirius Black. His perfect smile, the way his hair fell at his shoulders, and let's not forget his flawlessly sculpted body, he had a nice arse as well, everything about him was downright heavenly. 

I awoke to an appealing smell, to say the least, upon further investigation, I came across a rare sight, Sirius cooking.

"Mornin', darling," Sirius announced with a smile, shirtless, flipping pancakes on the stove.

"This is a sight I could get used to," I replied, pouring myself a cup of tea that Sirius had already prepared.

"As your husband, I felt it was my duty to cook for my wife from time to time." He replied with a wink, plating the pancakes and pouring syrup onto them. I hesitantly took a bite, quite aware of Sirius's inexperience in the culinary field, but to my surprise, they were actually delicious.

"Whoa, these are actually really good!" I exclaimed, bringing another bite to my mouth.

"Don't act so surprised," He said with an eye roll, "I may have had Ringo give me a few lessons so I wasn't so dense when it came to cooking for you."

I was really delighted at the thought that Sirius had gone the extra mile just to make me happy, I internally jumped for joy knowing that we'd get to spend the rest of our lives together, I couldn't live without this man by my side.

"Can we get a dog?" Sirius asked suddenly with a pleading expression, bringing his hands together and giving me puppy dog eyes. 

"So this is why you cooked for me? You wanted to butter me up before you asked for something in return? If I remember correctly, your nickname is Padfoot because you literally are a dog, I'm not sure I could deal with two pups in this household," I added with a smirk, ignoring Sirius's saddening expression. I mentally noted that I'd reconsider the idea for a Christmas gift. 

After getting ready for the day, Lily and James visited helping us to open our wedding gifts. We received a variety of items from personalized shot glasses to a photo album of every photo of Sirius and I, constructed by Lily herself. I had to hand it to her, the girl was a great party planner and a great gift-giver. 

"So our wedding's coming up, everything's turning out great!" Lily said with a squeal, clearly excited for her big day. Their wedding was the day after Christmas, they wanted the day to be mellow, just like Sirius and I's wedding.

Tonight happened to be a full moon, and despite not being in school anymore, the Marauders would still transform with Remus. As he got older, it got harder and harder each transformation, clearly showing on Moony's complexion. His dark circles laid on top of the bags and redness that formed from his tiredness. Although he tried to hide it, everyone could tell how exhausted the poor boy was, cursed with a weakness he couldn't escape.

Victoria, James, Peter, Sirius, and Remus stood in a field preparing for the long night ahead of them. They were miles from any residence, doing their best to protect anybody who would be out after dark. 

"It's time," Remus said weakly, his voice raspy from his exhaustion. One by one, the friends transformed into their animagus forms. Victoria a fox, Sirius a dog, James a stag, Peter a rat, and Remus a werewolf. 

The night was long, trying to distract Remus from causing harm to himself, something he was often fond of doing during the full moon. Whether he clawed at his skin, creating new wounds that weren't able to be healed with magic, or becoming aggressive with his friends, each transformation became worse and worse. The friends never mentioned this to their friend, not wanting to cause trouble, but Remus knew, he knew that he might not be able to take it for much longer, he was so sick of this monster he became, the disease that had taken over his body. 

As the sun rose and the friends prepared to head back home, everyone, except Peter, was battling new wounds. This night, Remus was particularly hostile, not wanting company during the full moon, only wanting human flesh.

"This is the last time I'm letting you guys come with me, it's getting to be too dangerous." Remus sighed, wincing as he redressed in the field.

"Don't be thick Moony, we'll always be here for you, you'll never have to transform alone again." James cut in, not allowing his friend to talk down to himself.

"Are you okay?" Sirius whispered just out of earshot of his friends, surveying me with his eyes, examining my wounds.

I winced, noticing a new scratch across my abdomen, "I'll be fine, you?"

"Same as always." He responded with a mild frown. Sirius had tried to convince me to skip these transformations, that now that we were married, it was his duty to protect me from potential harm. As much as he loved Remus as a brother, he knew just how deadly his friend could become. I obviously declined his offer, I needed to be here for Remmy.

We went our separate ways, discussing getting together within the next few days, ignoring the voices in the back of our heads saying that we might not make it. The war could consume us.

We could die.

                                                                                 ********

This was a bit of a filler chapter, but I still wanted to include Moony's transformations. I've seen some new comments and they literally make me laugh out loud, SIRIUSLY :) (I'm sorry, but I had the opportunity and I had to take it... I'm SIRIUS... okay I'm done now, I promise) Anyways, as always please comment, they make my day and leave any suggestions if you have any! Should I follow the original plot and kill Lily and James? Let me know...

ALSO, I'm at 600 reads! I literally can't believe it! In the first few chapters, I mentioned how I didn't think anybody would read my story and now I'm at 600 reads! Thank you all so much, I appreciate you:)

XOXO,

SiriusBlackLover <3

Don't forget to VOTE!