The Parents

"I've kinda started dating Sirius." I quickly mumbled trying to get the conversation to end. 

"SIRIUS AS IN SIRIUS BLACK?" My dad asked after spitting out his tea.

"Yep, the one we know and love, right?" I asked hoping they would remember all the good times they've had with the boy.

"I think I'm having a stroke." My dad mumbled, dramatically raising his fingers to his neck, checking his pulse.

"Don't be so dramatic Tobias, that young boy is quite attractive, if I was his age and I were single-" My mum started

"MUM!" I yelled, covering my face with my hands.

"WE ARE MARRIED YOUNG LADY, HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT?." My dad whined dramatically while pretending to wipe tears off his cheeks.

"You guys seriously worry me sometimes." I laughed, "So now that you know of our relationship, how do you feel?"

"Relieved. You've liked each other for years, I was waiting for the day that you guys would finally realize your feelings for each other." My mum said while sipping her tea.

"You knew Sirius liked me? You didn't say anything?" I asked my mouth agape.

"Yes we knew, you should've seen the way he looked at you. It's like you were the moon and he was the stars. You both admired the other without realizing the other was doing the same." My mum said smiling, "The ironic part is that he's named after a constellation."

I thought about what my mum said that night while lying in bed, that I was the moon and Sirius was the stars and I fell asleep fantasizing about the future that Sirius and I would have together, that is until I woke up screaming, drenched in sweat, and both of my concerned parents standing over me. After promising that I had just had a nightmare and coercing them to go back to bed, I laid awake shaking from the nightmare I experienced. 

Voldemort was torturing me for my lies, for my deception, forcing my family and friends to watch. My screams filled my ears, blood oozing from my body. My loved one's teary-eyed plea's for him to stop while he just howled with laughter at my pain like he enjoyed watching me suffer. He repeated one sentence over and over. "They're next."

I couldn't get my nightmare out of my head, scarred from the visual I had seen. Was this a prediction for what's to come? Life's way of telling me I was screwed? Whatever the dream meant, I needed to find a way to tell somebody what I had gotten myself into, but how?

  "Are you sure you're alright, honey?" My mum asked for the 10th time that afternoon.

"Fine, now shouldn't we be going? We don't want to be late." I responded. The Potters had graciously invited us for lunch at their house. Since Sirius left home at 16 and stayed with the Potters, this would be the first time my parents saw him since I announced our relationship. We quickly apparated despite the short walking distance, due to my parents always taking precautions during the rise of the war. Once we arrived we were immediately met with Mrs. Potter's smiling face.

"Ahh, Victoria how good to see you again! Look how much you've grown, you're such a beauty." Euphemia said while embracing Victoria.

"Mia, it's only been a few months." Mrs.Potter was like my second mother, we were very close and I was the daughter she never had.

"Did I hear the voice of my beautiful girlfriend?" Sirius asked wandering into the entryway.

"I think I might vomit." Tobias joked pretending to gag.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Windsor, always a pleasure to see you," Sirius said politely awaiting the reaction from her parents.

"Relax Sirius, we're incredibly happy for you two, also where's James? We hear he finally got the girl!" Eleanor said excitedly quickly walking into the living room looking for the boy. 

After lunch, Mr. and Mrs.Potter and Mr. and Mrs. Windsor said they had business to attend to and left abruptly.

"That's weird, they never have to work on weekends," James said with a small frown.

I just shrugged, "There's a war on the rise James, I'm sure they're more busy than usual." 

                                                                                 **************

   Days went by and every night Victoria experienced a different nightmare. Whether it was being tortured by Voldemort, or abandoned by her friends and family for her involvement with the Dark Lord, she knew she had to do something about it. It had been a while since she met with Regulus, truth be told she was avoiding him. She didn't want to inform him of her plans to tell Dumbledore of being forced into being in contact with Voldemort, he'd only argue with her and she didn't want to face his disappointment. Of course, she still had to help him figure out how to destroy a Horcrux, but because of the vow, she couldn't tell anybody about what she and Regulus had planned. At this point, she didn't know if she should tell Dumbledore at all. Maybe she could simply ignore Voldemort and his plans for her? But she knew how hard he worked to recruit her and he wouldn't let her decline that easily.

   Finally, it was Christmas day and the Potter's were throwing their annual Christmas party tonight. Victoria woke up suffering from yet another nightmare but pushed it to the back of her mind so she could have an enjoyable day with her parents. She descended down the stairs to come face to face with her smiling parents and presents stacked under the tree.

"HAPPY CHRISTMAS, HONEY!" Tobias and Eleanor bellowed at their groggy daughter, who was rubbing her eyes.

"I swear sometimes I think you guys are more excited for the holidays than me," I replied with a big yawn. 

After opening the heaps of presents my parents got me and eating breakfast thanks to my House-elf, Ringo, it was time to start getting ready for the party. Even though I already had Ringo hand-deliver my gift for James to his house, I wanted to give Sirius the gift I got for him in person. After getting dressed ina skin-tight black dress that was mid-thigh length, my parents and I apparated to the Potters.

                                                                           *************

    Hey everyone, I'm having major writer's block at the moment which might have made the last few chapters kind of dull! I'm sorry, but I've been thinking of how I want to proceed with the story and I would love to hear any ideas! Anyway, I know the Virius scenes have been limited and from here on out, I want to write a lot more chapters with the couple! I'll still include her life problems, but Sirius needs to make more appearances! (Also, I've already prewritten tons of chapters, which means by the time I publish this chapter, it could be days/weeks after I actually wrote it!

XOXO,

SiriusBlackLover <3