Unbreakable Vow

The potion didn't have a specific taste, but immediately drinking it, I felt like an open book, that all of my secrets could be shared and I wouldn't hesitate to tell someone.

"Okay, I'll go first. "What's your full name and age? Regulus asked.

"Victoria Kate Windsor age 17," I replied quickly.

Do you intend to truthfully work with me and help me defeat the Dark Lord?" Regulus asked.

"Yes." I replied without hesitation as if my mind was speaking for itself and I had no say in what I said.

"Will you keep anything I tell you a secret just between the two of us?"

"Yes." I replied.

"Do you intend to become a real death eater and fully respect Voldemort and what he stands for?"

"Absolutely not." 

"Can I trust you?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Very well. You can proceed." He responded.

"Are you Regulus Black age 16?"

"Yes."

"Are you tricking me?"

"No." He replied. I let out a sigh I didn't even know I was holding.

"Do you intend to tell me the full truth and nothing but the truth throughout our time together?"

"Yes."

"Will you backstab me?" 

"No." 

I felt the potion starting to wear off and I could tell Regulus did too since he walked over to the Hufflepuff boy and inspected him.

"Pull out your wand," Regulus commanded the boy and without hesitation, he did as he was told, "I've already told him the incantation so he's ready." I nodded in response. Regulus held out his hand and I grabbed hold of his wrist while he held on to mine firmly.

"Now," Regulus commanded and the Hufflepuff boy mouthed a spell, and gold rings formed around Regulus and I's hands.

"Will you Vicotria Kate Windsor,  keep your promises in regard to our mission?"

"I will." The rings were moving gracefully around our hands, binding us together.

"Will you Regulus Arcturus Black, be loyal and promise to never betray me?"

"I will."

"Will you as well as I, promise to not utter a word of our doings to a single soul?"

"I will." We both responded simultaneously. The rings around our hands, now ablaze with color, moved swiftly around our hands until disappearing into thin air. I felt a burning sensation on my wrist and I inaudibly gasped. Turning my wrist over I saw three lines carved into my flesh, watching as they quickly healed and left behind three scar-like lines on my wrist. Regulus inspected his own and looked at me with narrowed eyed. I returned the gaze and he nodded as did I. He turned now facing the boy and held his wand at him.

"Obliviate." He muttered. "You'll go back to your common room and forget we've ever had an encounter. If anybody asks where you were say you were wandering the grounds tonight." Regulus looked at the boy who simply nodded and left.

"Well, I guess we're bonded for life." I joked with a smile and Regulus smirked.

"Why aren't you more scared? I mean you seem so calm." He asked with raised eyebrows.

I shrugged, "I mean I don't really have a choice, do I? I have to work for the Dark Lord, even if I'm deceiving him, so what's the point? I'm in Gryffindor for a reason, right?"I replied with a small frown. 

"I suppose you're right, I'm glad that I got to ruin the life of someone that's actually not bothersome to be around." He replied with a smile, "At least you'll make this whole mission more enjoyable." I scoffed and smiled back, but my courage built, and I decided to ask a question that had been on my mind for a while now. 

"Why don't you hang out with Sirius, I know you guys don't get along, but why?" Regulus tensed at my words but shrugged in response.

"I'd rather not talk about him, we just grew apart due to family differences." He replied. I simply nodded due to the fact that I could tell he didn't want to talk about his family issues.

"I'll report to the Dark Lord that you agreed to his offer. I'm sure he'll contact you very soon. As for us, we'll be meeting here at least two times a week. I'll inform you about everything I know next time we meet. Does Thursday night at 9 work?"He asked.

"I'll be here. Avoiding my friends during our encounters will be difficult, they'll get suspicious."

"Try to stay under the radar, you can't tell them what you're up to or the vow will be broken and you'll die." He responded. I flinched at his words but just nodded in response.

 I headed to the door and made my way back through the halls to the common room, I was on my guard due to it being way past curfew. We must have been in the Room of Requirement for hours. Once I got to the portrait hole, I let out a sigh of relief, whispered the password much to the Fat Lady's dislike because she was fast asleep, and slipped inside. I was immediately met with a worried Sirius who pulled me into a hug and sighed into the crook of my neck.

"Merlin, Victoria I was worried sick, I had no idea where you were. I would've looked at the map but James misplaced it." He said still embracing me. I sighed at the thought of him not having the map, it would have made for a much larger problem if my name was next to Regulus's and another random boy. 

"I was just going for a stroll and ended up falling asleep. You were worried about me?" I asked with a raised eyebrow trying not to show the fact that I just lied. Sirius finally pulled back, but kept a firm grip on my shoulders, as if he let go I'd disappear. 

"Of course I was worried about you, I care about you, Vic." Sirius said, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear. I smiled at his gesture and let myself blush at his words. He grabbed my wrist and led me to the couch where he laid down and patted the space next to him. I hesitantly laid down next to him and laid my head on his chest while he wrapped his arms around my waist. 

"I missed you, love." He said while laying his head on top of mine. My heart rate increased and I was nervous he'd feel it since our bodies were intertwined. 

"I missed you too," I mumbled into his chest. I felt myself dozing off, and then abruptly awoke with the sound of a click.