Dumbledore

I found myself walking to the owlery ashamed that it had taken me this long into the year to write to my parents. I brushed off the feeling of guilt and began to write.

 Mum and Dad,

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to write, but let's just say this year has been eventful. I'm doing well in my classes and my friends and I are getting along fine. I do have a question regarding the unbreakable vow and I ask you not to worry, it doesn't mean anything but it will soothe my curiosity. Are there ways around the vow's method? How specific does one have to be? Like I said please don't worry, I'm not getting myself into anything harmful. Anyways, I hope you guys are doing well, I know things are becoming quite dangerous nowadays, I'm lucky to be at Hogwarts where it's safe. Please be careful, your jobs are quite unpredictable these days, especially with You-Know-Who out there. 

Your Daughter,

Victoria

I felt bad for lying to my parents, but there was no reason for them to worry if they wouldn't be able to do anything anyway. I figured that asking them about the vow could be suspicious, but I had no other options, the library held very few books that included specific information on it. The restricted section probably held more information, but I couldn't risk asking the teachers for a pass. I secured the note to my Owl's leg and watched as Owly flew off into the distance. There were only a few minutes before I was supposed to meet with Regulus so I quickly rushed to the seventh floor to wait for the Slytherin boy.

"Good, you're on time," Reggie said with a smile. Despite us never having spoken before he hexed me and changed my life, the aura of death and darkness hanging above our heads made us became quite close, inclding smiling at each other in the hallways when nobody was looking. 

"This is our third meeting now, I'm well aware of our routine," I said with a wink. Despite us being involved with the Dark Lord, we tried to make things feel normal, we tried to be teenagers among the mass of darkness we were living in. Regulus held open the door for the Room of Requirement and we entered.

"The Dark Lord contacted me, Reggie." I said with a gulp, "He said he'll want to meet with me soon. Was it you that told him I was hanging around with muggle-borns and so-called 'blood traitors'?"

"No, he must've had somebody else report to him. I'm sorry for dragging you into this, I wish I could've protected yo-" He started.

"Reggie, there's nothing you could've done, he would've killed you and had somebody else do his bidding. I don't hold anything against you." I said while embracing Regulus. At first, he just stood there, but then he returned the hug and sighed into my neck despite him being taller than me.

"Well, we should begin," Reggie started, "The Dark Lord has created Horcruxes, he's split his soul into different objects after he kills. I have reason to believe he's created more than one, multiple actually. He borrowed my House-elf who in turn told me of the Dark Lord's doings. I need to figure out how to destroy said Horcrux and I need your help."

"Wow," I said eyes wide and mouth agape. I had absolutely no idea what to say, but I continued anyway, "A Horcrux? I've heard of those before, I overheard my mum and dad discussing them, they're extremely dark objects, very powerful."

"Exactly, which means it'll be tricky to destroy, I'm doing some research and until I figure anything out we have to work on something else, I just wanted to fill you in on my doings, today we'll be focusing on dueling. We'll need to be experienced especially because you're graduating this year and working directly with the Dark Lord." 

"I'm a pretty good dueler, my mum and dad have taught me a lot of spells the school wouldn't teach us. They said I always have to be prepared for the real world."