27 || we all need somebody to lean on

"I'll see you later junnie!" mingyu smiled gleefully at the chinese male, ruffling his purple hair one last time before walking towards the door. there stood wonwoo who nodded at jun nonchalantly as to say goodbye in a nonverbal manner before letting mingyu interlock their elbows together as they exited joshua's home. chan had left earlier with seokmin whose mom had called him home so the tall junior was overjoyed to have finally had all of the ravenette's undivided attention for once.

jun smiled as he watched the pair leave before slouching into the couch. he never knew what to think about wonwoo, one second he was with eager chan and the next mingyu was off dragging him away on some type of official unofficial date they would probably look back on in the future. jun himself thought all three would make a good match, but that was just him. then again his best friend did seem to have a liking to both juniors so maybe it wasn't an absurd thought to have at all. "oh you're still here junhui, I thought you were going to leave with wonwoo or mingyu?"

"I was, but then I remembered I have you to hang out with!" jun perked up using his last ounce of energy. it took a lot out of him to stay positive during their group's study session, especially since he spent a majority of his time playing along with seokmin's antics. jun loved the junior, but he really wasn't sure how the brunette could go on for so long without tiring out. then again that was probably what joshua thought about him so maybe seokmin really was tired but only went on for the sake of being the mood maker of the group? regardless of his reasoning behind it jun still found his stamina to be very remarkable.

"we're not friends junhui." joshua painfully reminded both himself and jum. the purple haired student rolled his eyes at how adamant the latter was at denying their growing friendship; they shared cake and hot chocolate just last week, they were basically the best of friends! the brunette sighed as he saw no sign of jun making an effort to get up from his living room couch. as a result joshua decided to just join jun in sitting, absently speaking to fill up the unprecedented silence between them. "and besides, don't you have to get home? it's getting late."

"I mean yeah but I really rather not. being home can be stressful at times, especially when you have two younger siblings around to keep you on your toes." jun chuckled to himself as he thought of his two siblings. jia definitely something else; she was approaching that awkward teen phase and her moods were starting to have more of a variety than jun's hair throughout the years (for context, before his purple hair he had gone for blonde, pink, red, and orange hair all within the last two years of high school). his younger brother was also a handful, always wanting to play and engage in physical activities like wrestling. it was nice having two siblings to greet at the door though, no matter how tiring they were to look after at times. "if it's okay with you I'd like to stay here a little longer."

the purple haired student glanced at joshua with a small pout. his eyes were wide open despite the aching feeling that prompted jun to shut them in an attempt to finally take a rest. jun's lips lifted into a broad smile when joshua let out an exhale that followed after a small nod. he knew deep down inside joshua would have accepted anyways since hanging out with him was probably the highlight of the boring life joshua lived, but it still made jun feel energized seeing the older male agree.

"alright but if you insist on staying we should take the time to finish our project. it's due next week and you need to finish your half." joshua smirked at the way jun's face dropped into an intense scowl as he groaned out loud at the suggestion. the purple haired male whined when he saw that joshua was being serious, he was way too tired to keep up his energetic persona let alone work on a whole project that wouldn't be due until next week. "do we have to josh? it's so boring, why don't we just chill and relax for an hour or ten?"

"jun it's better to get it done now rather than worry about it later." the brunette spoke sternly to convince jun to follow his influence. that was when the senior realized there was probably no point in getting joshua to let up with this, especially since he was the one who was invading in on joshua's home. "you may have a point."

joshua came back to the living room after fetching his laptop and laid it on his lap so that jun could lean over and see the screen while he typed out his half of their power-point presentation. he had gotten so into the whole gist of summarizing their work on their slides that he totally zoned out, leaving jun speechless as the sound of his eager typing filled the house. joshua loved immersing himself into work and assignments like this one, it made him feel busy and the feeling of accomplishment that came with getting a good grade after working so hard was one that was hard to resist.

"alright that's what I have done so far, what about you?" joshua spoke after about an hour of so of his typing. he hadn't even noticed how long it had been until he saw that the sun was now replaced with a round moon shining light through the curtains of their living room windows. it was also a surprise that the purple haired male sitting beside him had managed to stay still for that long without fidgeting around or getting up to break something. jun was just about as clumsy as mingyu was, if not more. "jun?"

the concern in joshua's voice that presented itself when he hadn't gotten a response from jun disappeared when he noticed the chinese male snoring lightly in the space on the couch next to him. his head was laid over the edge of the couch, which was when joshua noticed how tall jun really was, as a small droplet of drool made its way out of the purple haired individual's mouth. joshua shuddered at the sight of the drool, wanting to reach over and wipe it but opting not to because he didn't want to wake the latter up from his small nap.

"I wish you'd sleep more that way I'd actually enjoy being with you without your mouth running all the time." joshua scoffed as he spoke out loud. he was sure jun would wake up, but apparently the chinese male was much more of a deep sleeper than the brunette had figured. it did make sense though, jun had spent so much energy trying to cheer everyone else up he probably forgot to take a moment to relax himself. "but it would also be boring if you weren't as bubbly and excited as you always are."

joshua himself yawned, setting down his laptop on the dining room table before returning to the couch and staring at jun. he had to admit he was getting tired from staring at his laptop screen as well and could use a nap like the one jun was taking. it looked so relaxing to be able to just live through life carefree like jun was doing and sometimes joshua did wonder about letting go of all the control he had over his life. however he decided against it when remembering that all the hard work he was putting in would pay off in the long run. being all friendly and careless could wait until he was successful and financially stable on his own.

joshua was fascinated though by how jun failed to wake up even after feeling the couch shift when he had gotten up to place his laptop down and returned. the purple haired student must have really been exhausted, it didn't seem like he was before but then again as joshua thought about it more carefully he had realized jun was exhibiting signs of tiredness. he didn't think seeing those dark circles under his eyes and his small yawns throughout the study session was actually foreshadowing jun sleeping on his couch. the brunette was more than fascinated when jun slipped his way into laying right on his left shoulder, sleepily lacing his arm with joshua's without even realizing what he was doing.

"you're an actual child junhui, I swear." joshua whispered lightly in what was meant to be an annoyed tone; it came out more as a doting tone though, as if joshua was admiring the way jun innocently napped on his shoulder (he totally was). watching the high school senior sleep so peacefully made joshua feel as if he had a moment to rest as well. it was all a blur at this point with joshua rushing to get his grades high for his goals. it felt like joshua was on a train that was rapidly moving and jun was the stop along the way that would help him clear his head.

and when jun woke up and noticed joshua sleeping on top of him he smiled and leaned into the warmth of the older senior. for him it felt nice to have someone to lean on when things in his mind were getting too intense. there was a lot jun had to think about including his responsibilities as a young adult. he hated constantly being reminded of these things at all times by his mom and sister, so it was nice to just take a moment with joshua to forget it all (plus the brunette was really comfortable to nap on, jun made a note to himself to do it more often).

= = =