12 || please blow your nose woo

jun hummed along to a simple melody as he skipped down the sidewalk towards his destination, ignoring how his heart rate intensified as he sped up his walking pace. it wasn't long before the purple haired senior found himself standing right in front of the jeon residence, a place he was very familiar with while growing up. both his and wonwoo's families were well acquainted with each other so it wasn't uncommon to see the chinese male strolling down the streets while on his way to wonwoo's house and vice versa.

jun was welcomed into the warm environment almost instantly after he rang the doorbell at the front door. an older woman, wonwoo's mother, greeted him at the door. she spared no time at all in letting the purple haired student know where wonwoo was residing before letting him in. jun knew the house well enough that he didn't need to be directed to where the ravenette's bedroom was so wonwoo's mother let him be and went back to filling out paperwork for her at-home business.

the chinese male knocked softly on wonwoo's bedroom door, which was closed. the ravenette enjoyed his privacy quite a bit so it turned into a habit for the senior to close his door behind him where as jun always preferred to keep his own bedroom door open. after hearing a small muffled voice through the door, jun had no clue what wonwoo was saying but he assumed it was him saying he was allowed to come in, the purple haired student opened the door and smiled.

"hey wonwoo, are you feeling any better?" the ravenette flinched at jun's loud volume as he sat up from where he laid on his bed. wonwoo ended up regretting letting the energetic senior into his room because jun took it in himself to invite himself onto wonwoo's bed. he jumped right onto the bed like it was his own and even uncovered the blanket on his best friend so that he could share it with him.

sharing a bed was something these two were consistent with throughout their years of friendship. in fact, one of their first acts of friendship was sharing a bed. wonwoo could still remember that day like it was yesterday; he had to stay overnight in the hospital for recovery after an appendectomy when he was a kid which was where he met jun. it turned out jun was fairly used to staying in the hospital, wonwoo would later find out why, so when he caught the young ravenette crying out for his parents he knew just what to do.

of course the next morning the nurses scolded jun for leaving his bed and sleeping in wonwoo's (it wasn't the first time he'd left his own bed in the middle of his night and it scared the crap out of them everytime), but after that event the two ended up sticking together. now it was pretty much their own tradition to jump into the other's bed whenever they looked or felt down.

"I still feel a bit sick and I have this huge headache-" wonwoo grumbled bitterly as he tried to readjust his body so that he was more comfortable with having jun taking up all of his bed space. the chinese male was so occupied with his own agenda that he had forgotten to listen for his best friend's response. "yeah yeah that's great! that means you're free to hang out hm?"

"no that's the opposite of what I want right now-" wonwoo was interrupted yet again by jun who spoke up immediately, completely ignoring what the ravenette was trying to say. it was a habit of jun's to do this when he was either really excited about something or if he was speaking about an urgent matter. this time it happened to be both urgent and something jun was eager to speak about. "great! I'm so glad we can agree on that! and now that we're talking, why don't we talk about this little issue I have involving a mutual friend of ours?"

wonwoo sighed as he rubbed at his temples. he really did have a headache but it didn't compare to the headache of an issue that jun had. the purple haired male was adamant on bothering joshua amd trying to be his friend. wonwoo thought that jun needed to be realistic, and he wasn't one to keep his thoughts to himself when it came to giving his best friends advice.

"maybe you should leave joshua alone. you know he kind of hates you and your time would be better spent with someone who's actually interested in you rather than someone who makes it clear they don't want you around." the ravenette spoke wisely, coughing a few times in between his words because of his cold. jun nodded while wonwoo was talking and even leaned over to the ravenette's nightstand to grab the small mug of tea that the latter's mom set out for him earlier in the day.

"you know you're right wonwoo. that actually is great advice, thank you for that." jun waited for wonwoo to take a sip out of the warm mug before he grabbed it again and placed it back on the nightstand. the ravenette gave a small hum of graditude to jun for handing him the mug. "it's a real shame I'll have to reject it completely, it goes against my three step plan to being joshua's best friend."

"I really don't want to ask but now I'm curious so you might as well go ahead and explain." wonwoo sighed at the eager expression on jun's face while laying his head on the purple haired male's shoulder. in response, jun cheekily grinned and continued on with his banter. "step one involves you letting me steal your seat in photography from now on."

"you know you can't annoy someone into being your friend right jun? that's not the way you make friends." wonwoo did his best to advise jun that what he was planning would most likely go south. however, jun didn't usually listen to anything anyone was saying; the purple haired individual pretty much did what he wanted when he wanted. "it worked with you didn't it? damn it even got me in bed with you so you can't really say my method is ineffective at all."

"I just don't want you to get your feelings hurt, joshua seems very determined to let you know in every possible way that he hates you." wonwoo admitted to his best friend aho dropped his playful act and adopted more stern facial expressions. if the mood of the room wasn't so dreary, jun would have gleamed at how sweet the ravenette was being. wonwoo was still willing to look out for him, even if he was sick himself. "I've gone through much worse than having a high school senior hate me wonwoo, I know what I'm doing."

"if you say so." wonwoo sighed. for a moment the pair sat in the ravenette's bed silently, basking in the presence of each other before jun abruptly turned his body to face wonwoo. that was when the purple haired student bursted out into laughter, confusing the heck out of his sick best friend. "by the way you look like actual hell, blow your goddamn nose woo before I do it for you."

= = =
I ended up pre-writing like three chapters today so I think it'd be alright to cheat and double update ;)

also if you couldn't tell, I really have no self-control when it comes to writing about wonhui ;-;