bonus #2 || the golden rule: junhui always gets his way

"I figured you were coming to get him, he's in the back." jun smiled politely at their school's librarian who gestured towards the far end of the library, where the textbooks for student reference were all kept. the male teacher then proceeded to hand jun a set of keys that made a jingling sound as they dangled from the abnormally large key ring they were hanging from. "if you wouldn't mind, could you lock up for me and leave the keys at the teacher's lounge? I have a date waiting for me, well you get it."

"of course, have fun on your date!" jun called out to the librarian as he left the library. jun swung the keys around on the tip of his index finger. he ended up stopping though after cringing at the loud noise he made when he dropped the whole set of keys on the floor clumsily. the purple haired student opted to just stick the keys in his left jeans pocket before finally spotting what he came to the library for. "oh josh, why do you do this to yourself?" jun spoke in an amused tone that contrasted the worried look on his face as he stared down at his boyfriend who was sleeping at a table near a large pile of textbooks.

it looked as if joshua hadn't even gotten through half the textbooks before he abruptly fell asleep on top of one. jun could make out what seemed to be the beginnings of a chapter on gravity, but then again he could barely focus on the physics textbook when there was a whole joshua laying on top of its pages.

"joshua, wake up." jun patted the top of joshua's head softly, ruffling the brunet's fluffy dark brown hair as gently as he could. jun bit his bottom lip with a sigh as he tried to figure out what else he could do to wake joshua up without giving the latter a heart attack. he usually went with the tickling method when he had to wake up jackson, but joshua seemed like the type to react poorly to that method. jun knew his sister jia was that type, though he figured that one out the hard way when jia kicked him in her sleep during his tickling attempt. "joshua hong, it's time to leave. we have to go."

jun frowned when joshua failed to budge. he knew he needed to wake the brunet up so that they could leave the school before they locked up the school for the day; jun experienced that last year when he and wonwoo ended up camping out for a night at the school. he hadn't even wanted to stay behind with his best friend, but wonwoo convinced (more like forced) jun to accompany him as he worked on a science fair project he had to complete by the end of that week.

being locked up at the school was definitely not as great as it sounded though, jun cursed those television shows that taught him otherwise. there was barely anything edible in the cafeteria to eat so they had to blow all their money on the school's vending machine. when they ran out of money, jun nearly resorted to consuming his best friend for nutrients. nearly. jun was too smart to do that. okay well halfway through his plan he realized that he didn't know how to season human meat and that may or may not have been the only reason why he thought cannibalism was a bad idea, but hey it was pretty smart of him to come to that conclusion right?

anyways, jun didn't want to have to come down to having to make the decision on whether or not to eat joshua for survival which is why he needed to come up with a way to wake up the brunet quickly (joshua was just too pretty to eat). the problem was he couldn't really think of anything that wouldn't irritate his boyfriend, so he sat down right next to joshua and laid his head on the table besides the sleeping brunet so that they were facing one another. maybe looking at joshua would give him a good idea.

he always knew what to do with the brunet around. every time he felt like his head was clouded up, overwhelmed with stressful thoughts or even with the lack of any thoughts, jun knew that joshua would help him relieve him of that burden. just even the presence of joshua made jun feel instantly ten times better than what he had been feeling previously.

jun let out a small sigh as he watched joshua sleep, wondering when the last time he had seen joshua look so peaceful had been. recently his boyfriend had been stressed with the pressure of doing well on their midterm exams, though joshua was always obsessed with studying. jun never really understood the concept of studying, as sitting still for a while gave jun back pain and seriously bored the hell out of the purple haired student, but jun went along with it for joshua. after all the brunet always played along with his playful antics, it was the least he could do.