21 ||they're getting along, someone call 911

"I've never seen him like this before, how about you wonwoo?" mingyu whispered over to the ravenette as he gestured to jun who was oddly quiet. the canine toothed junior frowned when he realized that wonwoo hadn't planned on answering him right away  so mingyu then proceeded to nudge wonwoo right on the shoulder in an attempt to get his attention. the ravenette frowned at the sudden physical contact before glancing upwards to glance at what mingyu was pointing out to him about jun.

"jun sitting still and reading a book? definitely weird." mingyu smiled gleefully when he had gotten an appropriate response from the older student. on the other side of the lunch table sat chan who frowned at the sight of mingyu gaining the ravenette's attention. feeling very competitive, chan cleared his throat in preparation for when he would steal all of that attention right from under mingyu's nose.

"maybe it's an assignment for english class?" wonwoo looked up right away after hearing the junior's voice. he shrugged to chan's question, not really feeling like speaking because he mostly just wanted to concentrate on his novel. however, that changed when joshua arrived at the table. the high school friend group watched as jun placed down the book without hesitation, inserting a small bookmark into the book to hold his reading place and facing the older brunette immediately.

"joshua I have good news and bad news. the good news is I'm halfway through the book you recommended. the bad news? I only have half the book left and I'm not ready for it to end." jun spoke quickly as he was very excited to report his findings about the novel to joshua. he was specifically excited to how joshua would react to his diligent work; jun had spent all weekend reading the brunette's favorite book and it would not go unrecognized by joshua at all. "you actually like it? I wouldn't think it suited you and your taste."

the older brunette sat right next to jun. he peered over to check what page the purple haired male was up to so that he knew what to and what not to discuss with him. he didn't want to spoil anything that would happen in the second half of the book for jun's sake, but he was still eager to talk about the book with jun. the pair proceeded to isolate themselves in their own world while fanboying over the novel, earning weird stares from their friends.

"okay yeah this is definitely weird. why are they getting along so well? did we miss something here or what?" mingyu whispered to the three other students sitting with him as he gave one more glance to the pair. he looked over to his three friends and was satisfied by their equally as confused facial expressions, well apart from wonwoo who seemed very bored by their conversation.

"I bet jun paid him off with a handsome amount of cash, or maybe he's actually a warlock and crafted a potion to get rid of joshua's bad attitude towards him." seokmin hit the table with his fist to emphasize how good his theories were. realistically he figured the warlock theory wasn't accurate, but maybe the money aspect was seeing as joshua could have used to money for textbooks or other scholarly materials. a loud sigh coming from wonwoo gathered the attentions of all three juniors who abruptly turned their heads to face the ravenette as he shut his book for the lunch period. "or they totally went on a date at the mall."

"wait how do you know about that? also how is it that you know this while we don't?" seokmin frowned as he whispered loudly to wonwoo. it was actually impressive that they hadn't been found out to be talking about the pair right in front of them, but that probably was because they were too engaged in talking about the book that jun was reading to listen around to the way their friends gossiped about them.

"I do have my sources." wonwoo said ominously, kind of flattered by all the attention he was getting from both seokmin and chan (he was mostly flattered by chan's attention though) as they stared at him as if he were some holy source about to spill the biggest secret ever. mingyu jealously scoffed, nudging wonwoo in the side as to tell him to cut it with the fooling around and get right to the point. "okay fine jun texted me on friday asking for advice on how to (won)woo a date at the mall and then proceeded to not follow my advice at all after I answered. it was supposed to be some sort of sick pun but upon further investigation that scandal was uncovered."

wonwoo gestured to the pair with a disgusted expression on his face after finishing up his explanation. chan and seokmin nodded, content with having even the smallest piece of context as to why the pair was being to nice to each other. chan caught himself staring at wonwoo and the way the senior brushed his hair back before spotting the junior staring and smirking back. flustered, chan shivered and changed the conversation subject quite abruptly. "speaking of the mall, are we going today?"

"you guys are going to the mall today hm? what happened to last friday when we were supposed to meet up afterschool?" joshua frowned, furrowing his eyebrows at the group of friends who had all proceeded to share facial expressions of confusion. seokmin has the most visible form on confusion on his face. he scratched his head with a frown before continuing on to question the older brunette. "what the hell are you talking-"

jun laughed out loudly, erupting into hysterical laughter as he clapped his hand over seokmin's mouth and smiled sweetly at joshua. wonwoo found it very hard not to laugh at his best friend while deadpanning at the purple haired male and crossing his arms, ready to see where jun was going with this. joshua raised an eyebrow at jun who could been seen visibly sweating; he even wiped faint drips of sweat away from his forehead with his shirt sleeve while trying to come up with a cover-up for his mall scheme.

"he means nothing by that! come joshua we must nerd out about this lovely book some more, far far away from that snitch!" the friend group watched as the pair, or well as jun dragged joshua off to discuss the book elsewhere with the brunette. they were very confused as to how the chinese male had gotten joshua to even agree to be taken on the abrupt mall date, well all of them excluding wonwoo were. the ravenette simply chuckled at the sight of the pair leaving the cafeteria before leaning over to jun's tray and grabbing his pear. the friend group turned to the senior, he was now the only one at the table, as he bit into the green fruit. "he's not wrong, I would snitch given the right amount of bribery."

= = =