55 || love was made for you and me

"today was really nice. I really enjoyed myself." joshua spoke calmly as both him and jun slowly strolled down the sidewalk leading to the wen household hand in hand. their facial expressions hinted at a mutual feeling of exhaustion shared between the two teenagers, and yet both were still glad to be by each other's side. the brunet held back a small yawn as he tightened his grip on jun's right hand in an attempt to keep himself awake. "how about you jun? did you have fun?"

"I always have fun when I'm with you." jun answered as he swung his and joshua's joined hands back and forth slowly. his eyelids felt heavy and burdened with the task of staying awake, and yet the burn was nothing compared to being with joshua. "it's pretty late though. you didn't have to walk me home."

"I know, but I wanted to spend some time alone with you." joshua cheekily grinned at jun. being alone was something joshua had wanted all day, because after the couple had finished with messing around at the ice cream stall their friends had caught up and the whole group decided to hang out from then on. it wasn't that he hated hanging out with their friend group as a whole, but joshua did kind of want some space so that him and jun could be together in public, joined as one coherant unit. "we spent almost the day together and yes I can't help but be greedy when it comes to you junhui."

"stop being so cheesy, you know those types of things make me want to cry!" jun pouted, causing a chuckle to come right out of his boyfriend's mouth. "and stop calling me junhui! you're so annoying!"

"hey, you're the one who started all of the cheesiness!" joshua protested. the two teenagers continued on to bickering with one another about how annoying the latter was. it wasn't too long before they agreed to disagree and ended up just breaking out into laughter while still swinging each other's laugh. joshua sure felt tired, but he could never feel too exhausted when jun was already to just boost his mood. the same thing applied to the purple haired teenager, who usually was energetic, only feeling truly at peace when joshua was around.

the sound of their laughter gradually died down as they approached jun's house, knowing that that meant that their night together was now coming to an end. joshua didn't know why, but he felt uneasy about leaving jun to go home so soon. to him, the night was far from over and yet here they were standing before jun's patio with equally as sorrowful smiles plastered on either of their faces. "I'll get going now though. good night junhui."

joshua paused as he turned to leave, glancing backwards to see jun's hand tightly gripping his left arm. he grinned before facing jun, raising an eyebrow as to physically ask what was wrong with jun without having to verbally address the saddened expression on the chinese male's face. in a flash, joshua let out a small grunt as jun practically threw himself onto the brunet so that they could hug. the purple haired teenager's arms snaked their way around joshua's waist as jun buried his head into the brunet's chest. joshua stifled a small laugh to himself before wrapping his arms around jun's back and patting it gently. his amused expression faded as he began to think about jun and everything he was feeling in the moment, which is why joshua couldn't control himself from blurting out,"I love you."

jun pulled away from joshua with a baffled expression, not believing he was lucid enough to have really heard what joshua had just said. his heart felt like it was beating outside of his chest, and jun wasn't sure if it was his heart just acting up or if it was adrenaline kicking in. regardless of what it was, jun felt overjoyed after hearing those three words jump out of joshua's mouth so effortlessly. it was as if joshua had been waiting all night to say those three words, and the thought of that warmed every cell in jun's body.

"I thought I saw you two kids out here." jun's mother coughed from the doorway, which the couple hadn't noticed was even open. she knew of their relationship and was happy that her son was happy. it was also why she tried her best to back off from being an overly protective parent for jun. the older woman had somewhat of a theory that joshua would also be there to protect her jun no matter what, and that theory was just confirmed. she frowned though when she heard the brunet muttering a goodbye under his breath to her son, and when she saw her son's pursed lips. "it's really late joshua why don't you spend the night? I'm sure your mom will be okay with it once I give her a call and let her know where you are."