48 || cheek kisses and very sly smiles

"you're over at my house so often I might as well just give you a key to the place." joshua spoke without glancing upwards from the textbooks sprawled out on his bed. he didn't need to look up to know that jun had just walked into his room and laid himself right next to joshua on his bed. he had heard his mother letting the purple haired teenager in on her way out of the house and he was one of the select few who would jump into bed with him, the other being seokmin who got really cuddly with joshua whenever he had something on his mind that was troubling him.

"hello to you too." jun hummed in response to joshua. he squirmed in the bed before he settled on laying on his stomach like joshua had been as he read the textbooks in front of him. there was more than one textbook, meaning that the brunette really was determined to cram as much information as he could into his head that afternoon. "are you working on something right now?"

"yeah, just studying." joshua answered bluntly and then continued on with his reading. jun sat beside him, not wanting to disrupt the brunette who looked to be in his element. joshua had gotten really good at studying to drown out all the issues in his life; sometimes he was too good at it hence why jun had taken him out to relieve some stress in the snow with their friends. he had never seen joshua look that happy before, which confirmed his theory about the brunette. from the day he met joshua he knew that the stubborn and rude senior had more to his personality than just the academic side he flaunted. it turned out joshua only needed a bit of coaxing to loosen up and really enjoy himself.

maybe joshua needed coaxing with other things too, like their relationship. jun still had no idea what was going on between them and it had been a few days since their kissing session. their groupchat had been blowing up since that friday night where they basically went public with their feelings for each other; somehow seokmin caught pictures of them canoodling in the snow and it had been really embarrassing to scroll through. jun wasn't sure what joshua thought about it though since the brunette wasn't too big on texting to begin with. maybe he was embarrassed about kissing jun, but then again that wouldn't explain at all why joshua had kissed him back

all jun could think about were the brunette's lips and how they fit perfectly against his own. he stared at the brunette as he read, capturing every single part of his face as if he were scared to forget what joshua looked like. the brunette's dark brown bangs had grown so long they were now completely covering joshua's eyes which explained why he had to push them behind his ears everytime they obstructed his view of his open textbooks. joshua liked to hum softly to himself while he read; it took jun a while to notice but it was something that the brunette frequently did without even thinking. and how could jun not look at joshua's pink lips? it was like they were beckoning him, completely mocking jun just by existing.

"you're staring at me." jun hadn't even realized it, but the brunette had turned and started staring right back at him in the midst of all his thinking. jun blushed, lightly flustered by how he had been caught staring by joshua. it was embarrassing but it definitely didn't matter much now considering the two had done more than just stare at each other. they've kissed before and yet jun was still flustered over this small thing. joshua didn't even look upset about him staring, if anything the brunette looked pleased to have jun admiring him like that; it made joshua just want to roll over and kiss jun all over again.

"well it's not my fault! nobody asked you to be this good looking, I can't get the idea of kissing you again out of my head!" jun exclaimed, hitting the brunette on the shoulder to emphasize how annoying joshua was being by being so attractive (if that even was a valid reason?). when he had realized what he had done he sheepishly smiled, shifting backwards to create more space in between them because they had unconsciously gotten so close to one another that their foreheads were nearly touching. "sorry I'm just doing this thing my therapist recommended. you know, getting my feelings out in the open instead of hiding and lying about them like I usually do."