32 || when they're together he can laugh

jun sighed as he stared at the entrance of the high school. his heart pumped, with every impact of its beating banging right against the left side of his chest as other students passed by him with drowsy expressions on their face. he had a similar expression on his face because he was beyond tired. he stayed up all night trying to figure out how to speak to joshua. how were you supposed to amend with someone who had no idea why they were being fought and argued against to begin with?

"hey josh, can we talk please?" jun looked down at his sneakers with shame melted into his voice. he couldn't bare to look at joshua in the eyes as the brunette turned to face jun. it was embarrassing, what he did was absolutely embarrassing. every time he thought about it his ears reddened in shame because of how ashamed he was of how he yelled at joshua without valid reasoning. it seemed like joshua was shocked by it too and more importantly he was offended by it. the way joshua sighed and hesitated to answer him proved that. "what's wrong junhui?"

"I just want to say sorry for what happened at my house, I didn't mean to lash out at you like that." jun spoke timidly, keeping his voice as small as he could get it. it reminded him of the way he spoke to strangers. although jun was loud with his friends, speaking to strangers was not his strong suit. he always felt small around other people, he just never figured that he would feel this way in front of his friends or joshua for that matter actually.

"to be fair, like you said, it wasn't really my place to stick my nose in that junhui." joshua scoffed, adopting his cold tone towards jun back as if it had never left his body at all. one glance at the purple haired senior changed that though. jun looked like he was really struggling; a closer inspection of the latter revealed the bags under his eyes most likely from a lack of sleep last night and a frown that symbolized all of the guilt hiding deep within the chinese student. that was what changed things and was what made joshua soften up his words, stance, and tone towards jun. "are you okay though? if you ever want to talk about anything you can talk to me, I know I'm hard to approach but I'll listen to whatever crap you want to spew."

jun met eye contact with the brunette and smiled, relieved to have joshua forgive him so easily. he knew joshua wasn't at all as bad as he appeared to be at first, although there was some doubt in his mind on whether or not the senior would be so accepting of the way jun lashed out at him.

"I am okay joshua, nothing to fear! I just wanted to get that stuffy apology off my chest." joshua nodded and turned back to face the inside of his locker. he figured jun was done and proceeded to go on to continuing with organizing his locker like he had done so every day. it was relaxing to come into school early and get all your books organized before classes, so joshua made it a good habit to do so every day. however, joshua paused and sighed when he spotted jun still standing with a cheeky smile planted on his face out of the corner of his eyes. "do you maybe want to get a snack before class starts? I could use a nice chocolate bar from the vending machine!"

"fine, but you're the one paying this time." joshua lent jun a small smile, causing students around them to gasp lightly out of surprise that the two were actually getting along without joshua snapping at jun like he usually did. the brunette shut his locker and tried not to laugh at how stunned jun looked at both how joshua was agreeing to his offer and at how joshua was going to make him pay for them both. the two seniors began to walk towards the direction where the vending machine stood with jun looking antsy while trying to convince the latter to change his mind. "and don't even think about giving me the pout, I deserve some retribution for when I bought you hot chocolate. I didn't even complain when you ate all my cake!"

"well it's not my fault you pretty much fed it to me!" jun retorted in a high pitched whine as he followed joshua. students around them laughed lightly at how cute the purple haired individual sounded as he tried making an argument against joshua's pretty valid one. jun was stopped abruptly when joshua turned around to roll his eyes at the chinese student. "you fed yourself jun, we both watched it when you scarfed it right down."

jun nodded; he couldn't disagree with that seeing as he did pretty much feed himself the entire slice of carrot cake when they were in the cafe together. he did debate on whether or not to make the point that joshua had given him a fork to do so, making it joshua's fault, but then again the brunette was smart enough to turn the argument back around again so there was no point in letting it drag on for too long. besides, the two seniors were now standing in front of the vending machine and jun's stomach was rumbling. the more they debated on this topic the longer he would have to wait for his snack.

"I guess that makes sense, but you're paying the next time we do this!" jun angrily pouted at joshua, making the brunette laugh out loud at his facial expressions. the chinese senior smiled to himself while reaching for his wallet from his coat pocket. he couldn't help the large grin on his face; he had made joshua laugh and it was just about one of the greatest things he had ever heard. "whatever you say junhui, just get your wallet out already."

= = =