22 || potential train wreck? let's see

jun clung gently to joshua's right shoulder while they waited for their art teacher to enter into the classroom full of their peers. the purple haired male giggled when joshua squirmed, shaking his arm rather frantically to mess around with jun. after their trip to the mall together, jun noticed a small change in joshua; the older brunette was more accepting of his silly antics and even played along when he was in a good mood. joshua still remained grumpy and serious when he had to, like when their art teacher had finally arrived to the classroom. after her arrival, joshua roughly pushed jun off of him and urged the purple haired student to focus in class.

with a small shrug he nodded and proceeded to pay close attention to the lesson that the teacher had planned for the day. honestly it was all merging together for the chinese male who tried desperately to not fall asleep during the teacher's explanation. it didn't help that jun's head felt particularly comfortable when he rested it into the palm of his right hand because that instead only encouraged him to close his eyes as the teacher droned on.

"you'll be working with your seatmate and you all have less than two weeks to complete this assignment, I want the final project to be well thought out and composed." joshua kept his eyes to the front of the room. you could see how the pair contrasted clearly with how determined the brunette was when listening to their teacher while jun daydreamed with closed eyelids. the senior looked to his right and shook his head when he caught jun taking a small nap. he sighed loudly and gave the purple haired student a nice discreet nudge on the shoulder

"remember you will be taking your own photographs for this and they all must express one component of photography each, include which is which in your deep analysis of each of the photographs." jun shuddered in fright before realizing that joshua was that one that had startled him awake. the chinese senior yawned softly, nodding along to the teacher's words absently before she declared that the class was able to break into their duos and discuss the assignment.

"okay honestly I got lost halfway through her explanation, what the hell are we doing?"the purple haired senior was met with a frown from joshua who felt disappointed by the announcement of the peer project. he usually despised such types of group projects because there was always that one kid who was lazy and never did anything which left the group vulnerable to getting a bad grade. however, this time joshua felt more nervous about his pairing because he happened to get paired up with jun, the definition of the type of kid who would leave you to carry the team. "we're doing a partner project."

"we as in you and me? the ultimate power couple of this school?" jun opened his mouth into a wide grin as he began to daydream of how they would totally dominate the school with their big brains and even bigger ambitions. in contrast to how jovial jun was by the news of them being paired up, joshua looked devastated. he didn't trust that jun would do his part of their project, he couldn't even listen in class how could joshua expect him to voluntarily work? "this can't be happening, what are the chances of me getting paired up with you out of all people?"

"I'm not sure but I am sure of this: we are definitely going to ace this project!" jun held up a fist so that the older brunette could meet him halfway in a fist-bump. it wasn't surprising when the latter ignored his fist-bump, jun actually had his left hand prepared so that he could return his own fist-bump as to not seem completely pathetic for being rejected by the brunette. "or we could fail miserably trying."

"yeah that too, but hey let's look at the bright side here!" joshua looked to jun in anticipation for the redeeming factor of their partnership that would make them working together not end up as a total train wreck. he watched as the purple haired senior stared right back at him with a glint of panic in his eyes; it was very clear jun hadn't come up with anything and the brunette had to admit, it made him chuckle out loud. "you know when people say that it's usually followed with something positive that inspires the other to work harder."

"yeah it's just I didn't think I'd get this far; sometimes I say things and then just lose my train of thought entirely." jun sucked in one of his cheeks, biting the inside of it as he rubbed his head with both of his hands fiercely in an attempt to remember what exactly he was going to say. a defeated sigh dropped from his mouth when he couldn't remember anything at all. temporarily saddened and discouraged by his mental defeat (he was defeated by himself rip), jun picked his head up and leaned it on his right hand before speaking up. "so what are we supposed to do for the project joshua?"

= = =