24 || your cold hands fit in my warm ones

joshua took a deep breath of the cool night air before glancing around his surroundings. the dim streetlights were enough to allow him to see the faint figure of jun as the purple haired male stopped abruptly to pull their shared camera out and snap some pictures of the playground they were now at. it happened to be the same playground area that the two had met up on when jun invited himself on joshua's shopping trip just a few months ago. it looked so much different now that the trees surrounding it were bare just like how silent it was now that it was night and there were no children climbing all over the playground equipment.

"out of all of the days you choose to work hard, you choose a cold day like today?" joshua scoffed cockily as he finally caught up to jun who had seated himself at the top of one of the slides. joshua sat down next to him right on the top of the slide joined to jun's. the purple haired senior chuckled lightly at joshua's observation as he set down their camera and rubbed his hands together as a means to gather warmth. "terrible timing on my part huh?"

joshua nodded along to what jun stated, it really was terrible timing that jun had decided to run out to take pictures in just a light sweater on a freezing cold night like that night. now that he thought about it, a lot about jun depending on his terrible instincts and timing like him showing up randomly and inviting himself on joshua's shopping trip. even the way jun's impulsivity and instincts led them to both spending days in after school detention reflected those ideas on jun's character.

"did you at least get any good pictures?" joshua asked to make conversation. he felt uncomfortable with how quiet jun was being now that they were sitting together on the slides. he expected the purple haired male to be a bit more energetic than he was currently. joshua figured that maybe jun did have a limit, all the running around trying to get pictures for their photography project must have taken its toll on him. after all jun did get exhausted after running for half a street trying to catch up to him a few weeks ago so running all the way to the park must have tired him out.

"I got a few, but they could be better. here let me show you them." jun nodded as he picked up the camera and leaned over so that joshua could see its screen. at first all you could see were the blurry shots jun took while running, but then the good pictures began to file through. jun wasn't bad at taking photos, you could tell by the steady shots of the horizon he got that he had some experience with the art of photography.

"your hands are shaking junhui." joshua mentioned after noticing how jun fumbled with the camera to slide to the next album of photos stored in the camera. the chinese male was surprised that joshua had cared enough to even point out his shivering hands, cold from his lack of warm clothing. it was his fault for wearing a light sweater and both males knew that, so jun simply laughed while sarcastically replying to the brunette. "no way are they really? thanks for letting me know josh, it's not like I noticed them already because they are my hands you know."

"I'm just pointing them out smartass, don't you have gloves or a pair of mittens?" joshua furrowed his eyebrows as jun continued to look through the photos on his own now. he thought that if he'd continue reviewing the photos that joshua would ignore his shivering hands and move on to criticize that. joshua turned out to not be as mean as jun had thought though. who knew that joshua would actually care that his hands felt like if they were stuck in a freezer for a few hours?

"if I had them I think I'd be wearing them at this point joshua." jun grabbed one of joshua's hands with one of his own, smiling when joshua winced at the feeling of the cold hand against his rather warm one. the purple haired male neglected to pull his hand away from joshua's and vice versa. this was very fine with jun who was happy to have joshua's warm hand fix his cold one, but then joshua started looking at him with a sad face and that didn't sit well with him at all. "anyways now that we had a small break, let's get back to snapping those pictures now shall we?"

jun hated being looked after like he was inferior or weaker than whoever he was with. his mother had looked at him this way and still continued to look at him like he was the same hopeless ten year old who had been diagnosed with a potentially fatal heart disease all those years ago. jun still remembered clearly how his family treated him like a hopeless medical case, always urging and reminding him of his condition to try to get him to slow down.

it bothered jun when all they focused on was his heart disease, he liked to look at the glass of water as half full and not half empty. so what if he did have a heart disease? he was still himself and nothing would change that, jun vowed on it. that's why jun tried to stay positive even when his mother made him stay inside and play piano instead of running around to play with the neighborhood kids. things were different now because he was older and (arguably depending on who you ask) more mature, but looks of pity and sadness often triggered him into remembering those sad times.

"or we can take a longer break and get you warmed up before continuing." joshua suggested. jun tried not to frown, since he did dislike how joshua was getting all concerned over him of all people. to try to prove his point, jun kept a gleeful grin on his face while reaching up for joshua's cheek to press his hand against it. "no really, my hands aren't even cold see? I have excellent hand function joshua! there's no need for warming up."

"aren't cold my ass, come on I know this place nearby. we can go there to warm up for now." joshua rolled his eyes. he held jun's hand as they both slid down from where they sat on their respective slides. the purple haired male pouted, disappointed by his defeat. he wasn't saddened for too long though, jun perked right back up to his happy self when joshua offered buying him something warm to drink as well. and with that the two walked away from the cold park hand in hand, sharing whatever warmth they could with each other on their way to a nearby cafe.

= = =
hey, I was just wondering how were all of your days today?

I feel bad I don't really interact with people on wp so yk why not make an effort this year by giving a nice greeting here :)

my day was eh yk. it was one of those days where I took time to myself to wind down because too much human interaction can drain me at times so I basically watched tv all day. hbu?