06 || just a lovely stroll with josh

jun yawned for about the fifth time in class as he counted down the seconds it would take for the period to end. the purple haired male was very eager for the bell to ring because he was in his last class which meant he would get to run off to home and melt right into bed so that he could catch up on all the sleep he missed out on during the day. joshua would immerse himself right back into work where as jun took the end of the school day as the start of a long rest that would end when the next school day began.

of course the chinese male did his homework and such in a timely manner, it was just that jun didn't see the need to stress himself over schoolwork. he was smart enough to grace through his assignments and felt that studying at the pace that joshua did would just burn him out. he preferred to spend his free time having fun and enjoying himself. in the past and as a child the purple haired male didn't have an opportunity to have so much fun in life, so now was the time he chose to be adventurous and, as joshua said before, weird.

jun's english teacher slammed a book on his desk to wake the chinese male up from his thoughts which earned a few giggles from other students sitting around him. in response jun slammed his own book on his desk to try to be playful, and as a result the purple haired student earned himself lunch detention for the next day. jun thought getting detention was well worth it though because of the shocked look his teacher gave him when he also slammed his book on his desk.

afterwards jun found himself outside the school building. the bell had rung shortly after he earned his detention sentence and he was one of the first students to run outside the door. jun was delighted to finally have a chance to breath in fresh air after being stuck indoors for most of his day. he looked around while thinking of all the things he wanted to do, like go to the park or get lunch, but stopped thinking when he saw that silhouette of a familiar face.

"we meet again joshua!" jun chimed after catching up with joshua who was walking away from the school building. when he finally caught up with the senior, they were a block away from school and heading towards the direction of joshua's house. jun panted softly, holding his hand over his heart to try to calm it down as he smiled brightly at joshua. "unfortunately it seems that way. what do you want junhui?"

"what makes you think I want something? I'm just enjoying a nice stroll with a good friend here." jun caught his breath by taking multiple deep breaths. he was relieved that joshua didn't notice how tired he was getting and was treating him normally. although he did dislike how mean the senior was towards him compared to their other friends, he would hate it if joshua treated him differently only because of his condition. "how many times do I have to remind you? we are not friends."

"our friends are friends and plus you laughed at my joke, based on that given evidence that we are in fact friends." jun confidently stated as if it were quite obvious. joshua scoffed as he thought back to the cow joke that jun had told him during their physics class. it was actually one of the first times the brunette had bothered laughing at jun's jokes. usually joshua held in his laughter to upset the chinese male; it kind of felt nice to see the purple haired student look so delighted by his laughter though. "friends don't disturb each other when they're busy."

"on the contrary, true friends love to mess around with each other. have you seen mingyu and wonwoo? those two are always pushing each other's buttons." jun quickly replied to joshua's attempt at a rebuttal. jun did have a point, wonwoo and mingyu always said mean things to each other on purpose. it was very normal for those two to be playful with each other, jun figured both him and joshua could be a little like them. "we're not like them."

"yes but we could be." jun pouted his lips at joshua's negative attitude. he just wanted the brunette to acknowledge him for once. he got that acknowledgement though when joshua turned to shoot him a glare. the eye contact they made made jun's cheeks slightly shift to a pink color, but the words that came out of joshua's mouth only challenged him further. "yeah but we're not."

"okay yeah you have very valid reasoning there. what are you up to anyways? going to the park or something?" jun changed the subject quickly, not wanting to irritate the brunette anymore than he was already. he seemed to be stressed, jun could tell by the dark circles under his eyes. sometimes he wished joshua would just take it easy. "no I'm going home to study for our gym exam tomorrow."

"we have a gym test? wow I didn't even know." jun exclaimed in surprise. he really didn't expect for joshua to turn and glare at him because of his exclamation though. a few students around them paused to see what joshua would do. they were quite aware that the two students seemed to be opposites which is why it was amusing to see what would happen between them.

"yeah it's about the rules of soccer. of course you wouldn't know anything about that because you sit out every time we play." joshua's tone grew a little harsh as he sneered at the purple haired male. he was still confused by why jun would be allowed to sit out sports during their gym class. the brunette also had some feelings of annoyance mixed in with his anger towards jun. just the shadow of the purple haired student following him was enough to tick joshua off.

meanwhile, jun felt his heart skip a beat as he bit his lip. he continued to follow alongside joshua, who didn't spare him a glance after his careless comment. it wasn't long before the brunette quickened his walking pace and sped right through the next crosswalk, leaving jun behind to watch as his figure slowly retreated into the distance. jun sighed softly as he clenched his chest and frowned. "it's not like I sit out on purpose though."

= = =