36 || please catch him before he falls

jun only grew more tired and irritable as the days went on and his friends, if they hadn't noticed before during the prior days they spent with him, noticed this now. everyday at lunch now jun would go on with displaying a very fun and energetic front for his friends sitting at the lunch table. they seemed suspicious of his actions and wonwoo's absences only exemplified their suspicions. the ravenette couldn't bare to watch jun deteriorate and he was doing his best to follow through with jun's wish for him to back off. that was why when he saw jun walk into their photography class looking a bit more pale and jittery than usual, he tried his best to overlook him.

the purple haired student didn't catch too many sets of eyes as he made his way to his usual seat which was strange considering how wobbly he felt on his feet. he had woken up after a short night's sleep with a headache and it progressively got worse as he got himself out of bed and made his way to school. he fought his dizziness throughout the first few class periods of his day and fought to make it to his seat next to joshua, letting out an exhale of ease when he finally sat down. sitting down after wandering the school with symptoms of dizziness, chest pain, and drowsiness temporarily consoled him.

"joshua today's the big day!" jun exclaimed with a good amount of energy as he sat down next to the brunette. he was excited, with good reason too, because today was the day they would finally get to present their project to the class. a few pairings had gone before them with pretty impressive displays of their photos, including wonwoo and his partner jeongyeon, and today would be the final day of presentations for those who hadn't gone on the days before. the relief and satisfaction that came with finally finishing and moving on from a project made jun feel jovial, even if he wasn't at his physical best.

"yeah it is." joshua smiled at jun. long gone were the days where he purposely ignored jun during class. he just couldn't resist the chinese senior and always found himself conversing with the purple haired high school student even if he hadn't intended to in the first place. the brunette always found himself looking at jun, always looking for him and waiting for his reactions even when he wasn't around. he had gotten so used to jun and his behavior that he noticed immediately when the younger male looked or acted oddly. "you look tired though, you didn't get any rest last night now did you? if you want I can do all the presenting, you should relax."

he was honored by the offer, but jun really didn't want to take it. taking the help being given to him would prove that he did need the assistance and that would justify his mother's mindset. it wasn't that he didn't need the help, jun just didn't want to admit his weaknesses to anyone. it would make him feel vulnerable and the feeling of being even remotely close to who he was in the past, a hopeless and dependent child, would be unbearable for him to endure yet again.

"I am fine joshua, I've done more on less energy than this." the purple haired student smiled warmly to reassure the brunette that he was okay. it didn't exactly have the effect he had hope for because the older male still squinted at jun with an uneasy feeling in his chest. there was something off about the senior, even if wonwoo said there wasn't. it was because the ravenette had said there was nothing wrong that joshua felt like there really was something wrong with the pair of best friends. "seriously I am fine, trust me!"

"you don't seem like it at all. you're avoiding wonwoo, and the others are getting worried about it too jun." joshua spoke softly so that nobody around them would overhear their conversation. the purple haired individual bit his lip anxiously, brushing his hand past his pounding forehead while trying to rest himself. he didn't want to get too worked up about what the brunette has just mentioned, it was the opposite of what he wanted. the chinese senior did not want anyone to worry about him at all, he didn't want to be a burden towards any of his friends or joshua for the most part. "wonwoo is the one avoiding me! and I'm telling you that this is nothing. I just feel a bit under the weather but that happens to all of us at some point."

it was annoying how adamant jun was on keeping up this act, especially since it was painfully obvious that he was lying about his health. the question was why, and joshua had a good assumption for the answer to that. he figured that the chinese senior just didn't want to make this a big deal, even if it was to him. joshua could understand that, he usually did downplay his own sicknesses like when he got the common cold so that his mother wouldn't worry too much and stay home from work because of him. he didn't really understand why jun would go through the same trouble, especially with his medical history, but he didn't want to put the purple haired student on the spot. "class is starting, let's just get through the presentation alright? we're going to talk about this later."

"joshua and jun it looks like you both are the last pairing to present. go ahead and take it away, I'm sure we'll all be impressed by what you've come up with." the pair nodded in unison as they made their way to the front of the classroom. joshua went ahead and set up their powerpoint slides so that the large screened board displayed the project they had worked so hard on. jun made his way slowly behind joshua, smiling at his classmates and nodding along as he waited for joshua to give him an okay. when that happened the brunette stepped aside on the opposite side of the teacher's desk, opposite to where jun stood, and began to present his half of the presentation while jun flipped through the slides.

somewhere along the way, the pounding headache and pain in his chest both built up to be to much for the chinese student to handle. he gulped, blinking the pain away just as swiftly as it showed itself on his face. he clicked to flip the slides one more time, it would be the last one before he took over presenting, when his vision began to blur. jun had only been through these rushes of symptoms twice before during his adolescence but he was more than familiar with what they meant. the nausea bubbling up in the pit of his stomach, the intense spinning of the room that made him just want to sit down immediately, and the cold sweats swimming down the sides of his head only meant one thing and one thing only.

wonwoo's eyes widened when jun started to hyperventilate in front of the class. he stood up and wanted to rush over to where his best friends was standing when the sound of joshua's voice interrupted him. the brunette stopped when he saw jun clutching his side of the teacher's desk. the teacher herself looked concerned as was going to ask if jun wanted to step out to the nurse's office when the head of purple hair dropped down, hitting her desk before collapsing onto the floor in front of the whole class.

= = =
:0