15 || they're not coming josh, it's a trap!

joshua frowned while looking down at his phone to check the time for the fifth time in the last three minutes. he was sure jun said to meet at the mall in an hour and it was quickly approaching the hour and a half mark with the purple haired male nowhere to be seen. joshua was starting to think that he had been tricked by jun, who found so much joy in messing with his day already by getting him detention and such.

the brunette was actually considering leaving the mall; he had texted mingyu, seokmin, and chan multiple times and had failed to get a response from any of the three. they were all hanging out with each other though which is why they never answered his messages in time, but joshua didn't know that. he really thought everyone ditched him, until he saw the faint figure of jun waving at him alongside his little sister.

"I'm sorry I'm late! my mom asked if I could take my sister with me and she spent forever doing her hair." jun gestured over to his little sister who looked very bored by his presence. jia frowned at her brother's words, very offended by how he commented about her hair when he took way longer with styling and gelling his own purple colored hair. she couldn't even believe he managed to get their mother's approval on dying his hair purple, she tried asking if she could dye hers black once and their mom would not budge. "actually you took longer fixing your hair than I did-"

"haha funny little girl! why don't you run off with your friends now? I'll meet you at the food court in two hours?" jun laughed as he pushed his sister away from him playfully. she was much shorter and smaller than he was, seeing as she was only twelve years old and had a lot of time to grow, so he pushed her gently. she rolled her eyes at him before spotting her own friend group and leaving both jun and joshua as quickly as she could. after making sure his sister was safe, jun turned back to face joshua who had been silently watching the two siblings interact. "okay now where are we?"

joshua took a quick glance around their surroundings. there were quite a few high school students around seeing as it was a friday afternoon, but none of them resembled their friends. come to think of it, if they hadn't texted him back yet were they on their way or just too busy to make it to the mall? something about this situation struck joshua as odd, especially the part where he ended up getting stuck spending the rest of the afternoon with jun. let's not mention how he agreed to it because just thinking about how he agreed to be in this situation made joshua shudder.

"the others aren't here yet either, which makes you early." jun didn't appear to be saddened by this. perhaps it was because he didn't tell the others to meet up at the mall in the first place. he informed them that he wanted to hang out with joshua and devised this plan to get him to show up by saying that they would as well. the brunette didn't really notice how jun bit the inside of his cheek to stop himself from laughing at how his evil plot (he called it an evil plot to live out his inner disney villain fantasy) worked flawlessly. "hm that's weird? wonwoo said he'd be here like five minutes ago when I texted him."

jun pulled out his phone from his right hand pocket and looked down at it. he fumbled with it, pretending to scroll through his messages with wonwoo. joshua continued to look around, praying for any one of their friends to show up. he didn't even care who it was, as long as he didn't end up having to spend all his time alone with jun. the brunette was even ready to march right back up to jun's sister if it meant not being alone with the childish purple haired male for the rest of the afternoon. "should we wait for them then? I mean if wonwoo texted you he should here fairly soon."

"I don't know about that, I mean standing around here just waiting is pretty boring." jun hoped that joshua would agree with his statement, although joshua did seem like he wanted to spend all his time just waiting for their friends who would never get to the mall because they never got the invitation to. an idea popped into jun's head and hopefully it would take joshua's mind off of their friends. before joshua could rebut or protest against his statement, jun acted quickly and spoke in just the same pace. "we might as well just hang out while we wait for them. there's this cool store I know, it's my favorite place here come let's check it out!"

the brunette then found himself being dragged to the third floor of the mall, they were previously on the mall's first floor. jun held his hand along the way, but this time it felt less awkward and more familiar than how the purple haired male had held his hand before while they stood on the street curb. joshua glided along with jun as they passed multiple stores before they stopped right in front of a music store.

= = =
wow I fell asleep before I could post this chapter akkaka

also prepare to be learning more about jun's character soon!! the upcoming chapters have more to do with other sides to his personality and his past :)