bonus #1 || silence was indeed not a killer

there was truly nothing jun loved more, he decided, than sitting at home in joshua's arms. technically he wasn't really home, but at this point in their lives the hong household was basically a second home to jun. it was where he went every time he needed an escape. sometimes he went there even when joshua wasn't there, which baffled the brunet because he was always puzzled by how jun was somehow always home  before him.

it wasn't even an exaggeration. once joshua had gone out to the grocery store and he came back to find a sleeping jun on his couch. the strange part was how his boyfriend had even gotten in the house to begin with. nobody was home, and yet jun found a way in. jun claimed it was because he jumped through the backyard to get into the house and honestly, joshua wouldn't have put it past him if he did that since it really did seem like something jun would do.

jun was always surprising the brunet; even when joshua thought he knew just about everything there was to know about his boyfriend, there was more to find out. luckily for the brunet, jun was always eager to share things about himself when he found that joshua was willing to learn so much about him. something joshua learned was that jun wasn't so talkative or energetic when other people were around. take the time they both ran an errand at the mall for jun's mother who had asked them to pick up a few things for her. joshua had left jun at the register to grab one last thing on their list, and he came back to find jun stumbling over his words, not sure how to really interact with the cashier who simply asked how his day was.

"therapy go well?" jun looked up, waking himself from his sleepy state as joshua walked downstairs to join him on the couch. he couldn't help but feel as if he was going to fall asleep, having woken up so early for his weekly therapy session. nine in the morning was early to him and joshua loved to tease him about how he couldn't adjust to waking up at that time (since joshua was a bitch who easily woke up at like eight every day, like how??).

"yeah, it was okay." jun mumbled as he stared at joshua, waiting in anticipation for his boyfriend to join him. as soon as joshua felt the cushions of the couch under his ass, he was attacked immediately by jun who took it upon himself to extend the baby blue blanket across so that a portion of it now overlapped over joshua's lap. he then glanced at the brunet. joshua caught the way jun tested him with that curious glint in his eyes and smiled before nodding. that was pretty much all jun needed to see before he grabbed joshua's left arm and wrapped himself in it.

"you were just waiting for me to come down here weren't you?" joshua used his left hand to play around with jun, poking his face and messing with a few stray strands of his light purple hair. the dark shade of purple he started the school year off with had slowly started to fade into a light purple color with his natural shade of dark brown hair protruding out from his roots. honestly jun had been too lazy to go get his hair redyed, since it stung slightly every time he did dye it. plus it wasn't like jun wanted to keep his hair purple; he was planning on trying a lighter color next time he decided to labor his way to a hair salon.

"of course not, why would I be waiting for you? psh I don't need you here I was enjoying myself just fine without you!" jun scoffed stubbornly, blowing a breath of air at joshua's hand as it poked again at his nose.

"alright then, I'll go back upstairs-" joshua removed his arm from jun and motioned to stand up, to jun's displeasure.

"no, stay!" jun tugged joshua back down onto the couch as he used his boyfriend's arm once again as a comforter. the purple haired student pouted sourily at the way joshua found so much pleasure from bullying him. he hated the way joshua laughed at him so joyously. he wanted to be the one teasing joshua. he vowed one day to tease joshua so much that the brunet would finally know what it felt like. "why do you enjoy teasing me so much? do you just live to make my life more difficult?"

"because you make it too easy, it's just that simple." joshua grinned as he went back to playing with jun's hair. at one point the latter had gotten tired of the way joshua tugged at his hair and opted to pulling down the brunet's hand so that he could lay his face on it. unbeknownst to jun, joshua's face lit up in admiration as he watched his boyfriend cuddle up to his hand. at the same time he felt relieved because his hands had been cold anyways so he saw it as a win-win situation since jun's face was pretty much like a free heat pack. "plus I know you secretly adore it. I doubt me teasing you is a hardship."

"I'm going to tattle on you to my therapist for being so mean to me." jun grumbled

"are you going to do that before or after you tell her how amazing of a boyfriend I am?" joshua smirked confidently before letting out a small grunt of pain when jun slapped his leg. he frowned at his boyfriend bitterly, because he knew reacting such a way would evoke exactly the kind of laugh jun was letting out right now. it was like music to joshua's ears. "what? I just wanted to know."

"for your information, she already knows that you're a decent boyfriend at best." jun spoke, tickling joshua's hand with his breath. somehow he morphed to having his head on joshua's lap, so jun got a clear view from below of the bewilderment on joshua's face.

"you actually talk about me?"

"of course I do, you're important to me. why wouldn't I talk about you?" jun stated as if it were deadly obvious. clearly it hadn't been though and he could tell easily by the way joshua rubbed the back of his head as a way to avoid eye contact with him. it was then that the purple haired student decided making his boyfriend feel flustered was another one of the best feelings in the world, since the way joshua blushed made jun feel a sense of accomplishment he hadn't ever felt before.

"ah okay." joshua nodded, not knowing what really to say in response to that. he felt his face heat up. he ended up saying nothing after that, not wanting to ruin the moment. it was okay though. jun didn't mind basking in their shared silence. sometimes just sitting in a mutual silence that was neither awkward or uncomfortable was the most comforting thing you could do with someone you loved.

===
this was just one of many chapter ideas I ended up cutting because it ended up being too short or not interesting enough,, I decided to publish it to try to get rid of my writer's block 😭 eh I don't think it worked though rip