11 | interrogation

Jake's POV

"Whom do you work for?" I asked for the third time after which Jay slapped the man again, since he had refused to answer. The man simply shook his head. Having loosing my patience, I walked over to the man searching his pockets as he sat tied to the chair. I found out his wallet and went through all its contents.

"So, you are from Scorpions. I see." I said, keeping down the card which I had found from his wallet. "Now, tell me why were you here?" I asked him, my voice stern.

"I won't tell you." He managed to say, shaking his head in denial.

"You know if you open your mouth now, you will die more peacefully. Now, it's your choice." I said, taking out the gun from my pocket and aiming at his head. He again shook his head, determined not to open his mouth. I aimed my gun at his hand tied to the chair and pulled the trigger. A blood curling scream erupted from his throat as the bullet went through his hand, making a bloody mess.

"Now?" I asked him, tilting my head while watching him squirm in his seat in pain.

"Let's leave him here tonight. Maybe he will come to his senses tomorrow." Jay suggested, glaring at the man who was tied to the chair.

"He'll die if we leave him like this." I stated, letting out a frustrated sigh.

"But he won't answer. If I beat him up more, he'll probably die due to injuries." Jay said, shrugging his shoulders. I nodded, agreeing to what he said.

"You are right. Let's give him something to eat and a glass of water. We will see the rest tomorrow." I declared, looking at the man who was tied to the chair half conscious.

Diana's POV

I was sitting on the dining table, my head resting on it while I waited for the dinner. As I was sitting, I saw Jay and Jake come towards the kitchen.

"He was sent by Scorpions. He won't reveal anything so we are going to do the rest tomorrow." Jake stated, filling a glass with water and taking some bread from the cabinet.

"You didn't even wash your hands, Jake." Heeseung observed, shaking his head with a sigh, making me snicker at this reaction.

"Heeseung, let it be. I'll come for dinner after freshening up." Jay said, before walking away and going upstairs.

"I'll give this to our friend down there and come up." Jake said, throwing a glance at me which I didn't mind much.

After all, I wasn't one of them. So I had expected some random glances from the members since it wasn't a normal thing for them to see a female sitting amongst them.

Soon, both of them came back and sat on the dining table for dinner. I was sitting between Sunghoon and Heeseung and Jake was sitting opposite to me.

"What did you guys do while we were not here?" Jake asked, looking at me and Sunghoon.

"We watched a movie, nothing else." I said, after putting some ramen in my mouth, earning a nod in response from Sunghoon. Since I was pretty hungry, I finished my dinner sooner than the other guys.

"I'll be in my room." I said, standing up from my chair to leave.

Jake's POV

"I'll be in my room." Diana said as she got up.

"I'm done too. I'll help you wait." Ni-Ki quickly stated after standing up in order to help her.

For unknown reasons, I didn't quite digest the idea of the younger helping the female to walk, half of her body literally leaning on the male for support.

"I need to tell you guys something." Sunghoon spoke up, as soon as Diana went out of the earshot.

"Did something happen while we were gone?" I asked him, wondering why he had waited to tell us something so that Diana couldn't hear it.

"Kind of. Diana is really afraid of guns. And she is currently in a weak mental state. Apparently, she never received love apart from Yeonjun. When I had went into her room, she had zoned out, and she was actually crying. Later she called Yeonjun from my phone and after the call, I could clearly say she was sobbing when she talked to him." He said, worry clearly evident in his voice while he narrated everything to us.

"Did she have some nightmare or something?" Heeseung asked, curious. "Or maybe some memory of some sort?"

"No, not nightmare. I think something happened to her long back and she is still suffering from it. I spoke to Yeonjun and he said to keep Diana away from guns for the meantime and keep her distracted so that she wouldn't zone out frequently and remember those instances." Sunghoon said, looking at all of us as he shrugged his shoulders, not sure whether his theory was right or not.

I wonder what had happened to her.

"We'll try to keep her away then."

Diana's POV

I thanked Ni-Ki as he dropped me in my room. I opened the closet to see some over-sized cotton clothes, neatly folded and kept.

Thank god these guys own these or else I would have died in these sweats.

I quickly went inside the bathroom and got changed. When I came out, I saw Jake standing near the door his eyes on me.

"I wanted to have a look at your leg and apply new dressing." He said, as he showed me the first aid kit in his hand. I nodded and motioned him to come in. I sat on the bed while Jake sat on the edge of the bed, unwrapping my old bandages.

"You seem to be very close to Sunghoon." He spoke as he continued with his work. I winced in pain when he removed the old ointments with a cotton, followed by nodding in response.

"He was the one I spoke to first. Plus he stayed back today." I replied, closing my eyes shut in order to divert my mind from the pain.

"Does it hurt?" He asked, pausing. I looked up at him and saw his brown eyes staring right at me.

"Nope, it's fine." I said, shaking my head, a small smile adorning my face after seeing the male so concerned. He hummed back in response, resuming.

Shivers ran down my spine when he wrapped the new bandage, his hands grazing my leg every now and then. I looked away as I felt blush creep into my cheeks.

What the hell is wrong with me?

"Done." He finally said after a few minutes. "It would heal within six days approximately." He said, looking up at me, smiling.

"Thank you." I said, lowering my head a bit, smiling back. He was packing away his stuff when his eyes fell on my body.

"No problem- wait. Who gave you that t-shirt?" He asked, pointing at the orange oversized t-shirt I was wearing. I looked down, tugging at my t-shirt.

"Sunghoon. I don't know whose this is. Is something wrong with this?" I asked, wondering if the former had lent me some clothes which he was not supposed to. Jake opened his mouth to say something but then he shook his head, thinking otherwise.

"Nope it's fine. I just asked."