54 | surprise

Diana's POV

"Junie, I think I heard Jake calling me." I said, as I stabbed one of the men, the body collapsing on the floor as soon as I pulled my knife out. Yeonjun nodded, as he kicked a man on his chest, who was coming towards us to attack.

"I heard it too. It was from there." He said, as he pointed towards a room. I nodded, as I tore through the crowd of men, fighting, making my way to the room, Yeonjun behind me. Two men came out from the room, as they attacked us, determined to kill us both, but soon they were on the ground, dead.

"Jake are you-" I said, entering the room, but I stopped mid-sentence as I saw Jake tied to a chair which was in the centre of a poorly-lit room, his mouth gagged. There was a cut on his eyebrow, blood covering the side of his face, which had already dried up indicating that the injury was an old one, his shirt soaked in his blood. Tears filled my eyes, as I saw him in that condition, shattering my heart. Suddenly, a figure appeared from the dark corner, causing me to gasp loudly, my knife falling out of my hand in shock.

"Diana is everything-" Yeonjun asked, entering the room behind me, stopping in his tracks when he followed my gaze, his eyes looking at the female standing in front of us. "M-Mom?" He asked, his voice barely a whisper, as he staggered back due to the shock received.

"You are alive..." I spoke softly, my hands trembling, as I felt the life suck out of me, after seeing my step mother stand in front of me, very much alive.

"It's really nice seeing you two after all these years." Mother said, as she looked down, chuckling darkly. "Must be quite a shock, am I right?" She asked, smirking. Years had passed, yet she hadn't changed much. The same smile was there, which Yeonjun had inherited from her but unlike him, her smile was cold. The only thing that had changed was her hair, which had white streaks in it and a few wrinkles around her eyes.

"But, Diana had shot you- I had seen it myself." Yeonjun said, as he looked at his mother, completely confused.

"That was my twin, honey. Not me." She said, with an amused expression on her face as if she seemed to enjoy all this.

"Your brain is too small to realise that." A deep voice spoke up from behind. I turned around and saw Jihun standing by the door, covered in sweat and blood, clearly telling us that he had to go through many fights to reach here.

"You-" Yeonjun said through clenched teeth, as he stretched out his hand, his gun pointing at Jihun. Jihun scoffed, as he stretched out his hand, his gun pointing towards me.

"Make a move and Diana dies." He declared, as he looked at me, the warm look in his eyes replaced by a cold, hard one.

"Jihun how could you- I trusted you." I said, as I looked at the male, my voice cracking, as sorrow engulfed me, seeing the man whom I trusted betray me like that. Jihun chuckled darkly, as he shrugged his shoulders, his gun not moving an inch from me.

"It was all part of a plan, Diana. The trust was only built to be broken later on. Now Yeonjun, you better put that gun down on the floor or else you see your beloved sister die." He said, his eyes still on me. Yeonjun looked at me, before he crouched down, keeping the gun down on the floor.

"Junie no..." I said, my voice barely a whisper, as I looked at Yeonjun with pleading eyes. I heard Jake's muffled protest from behind, as he saw Yeonjun keep down his gun.

"I'm sorry Diana." He whispered, as he looked at me, his eyes glistening in tears. "I can't let them get you." He added, as he looked at me intently.

"Oh, cut out that drama, will you? It's sickening." Mother snapped from behind, causing both of us to turn behind. "Jihun, for god's sake get hold of your brother while I talk to Diana." She said, as she motioned towards Yeonjun. My eyes widened, as I saw Jihun now pointing his gun at Yeonjun, a smirk on his face.

"Wait- brother?" Yeonjun asked, surprised, as he looked at mother. She sighed, as she nodded slowly.

"I have two sons, Yeonjun. Jihun is the other one." She said, as she leaned on Jake's chair, playing with the hand in her knife. "It seems my men are keeping your friends really busy so why don't we have a story time, hmm? The mother will tell her life's story to three of her kids, and a hostage. What do you say, Jake?" She asked, as she looked down at Jake, a smile plastered on her cold face. He looked up at mother, looking at her in such a way that if glares could shoot daggers, she would have been impaled a million times.

"I'll take that as a yes." She said, sighing, as she ruffled his hair, causing him to scrunch his nose in disgust. She let out a small, audible 'tsk', before turning her head around to look at us.

"Come on mother, slim it. I can't wait to kill these two." Jihun sneered from behind, as he walked closer towards Yeonjun, his gun still pointed at his head.

"Bitch, I will make you suffer for doing this." I spat, as I turned my head around, glaring at him. Jihun rolled his eyes, not even bothered by the threat.

"Moving on." Mother said, grabbing our attention, as we turned around to look at her. "Let me tell you my journey till now." She said, as she pulled the table towards herself, sitting on it, her knife still in her hand.

"Me and my sister had started our journey in this, what you might call as the mafia world, after we realised what all we could achieve here if we could find a trick to fool people on the basis how similar we looked..."