28 | inside lion's den

Diana's POV

"Wait." Jake said, as he stopped me from leaving the room. I turned around, as I saw him take out something from his pocket.

"Jay is waiting outside in the car, Jake. I have to go." I said, as I walked towards the male, curious about the thing which he had in his hand. We had planned everything, along with TXT and today was the day to initiate it.

He opened his fist and I saw one delicate and thin necklace. I looked up at him, confused as well as curious.

"I have two of these, one is for me and other one is for you." He said, as he took my hair in his hand and swept it sideways, so that he could tie the necklace around my neck. "See the tiny pendant? It has a GPS tracker in it." He said, as he pointed towards the metallic leaf-shaped object, which was adorning my neck. I took the tiny object in my hand.

"When you need us to attack, just press it, like this." He said, as he took the pendent in between his index finger and thumb, pressing it. Suddenly, I heard a faint buzzing sound coming from somewhere.

"What was that?" I asked him, as I looked around to find it's source. He smiled, as he felt his neck and took out a similar necklace, which was designed to be used by men. I saw the pendent in his necklace vibrate. He pressed it, and as soon as he did that, it stopped vibrating.

"Now, promise me that you will not remove this necklace at any cost till this thing get's over. Understand?" He asked, as he looked at me. I looked up at him and I could see worry evident in his eyes. I smiled, nodding.

"Promise. Now I should leave, it's seven already." I said, as I pecked his lips and left the room. I made my way to the front door. I saw Jay already waiting inside the car. I opened the door of the passenger seat and sat beside him. "You know the way, right?" I asked him, as I turned my head towards the male. He nodded in response.

"Coincidently, I'm already familiar with that place." He said, shrugging his shoulders, as he started the car. I nodded, sighing, as I wore a mask to hide my face and braced myself for the mission.

━━━━━(🥀)━━━━━

"You know the plan, right?" Jay asked, as he stopped the car a few blocks away from the Scorpion's hideout. I nodded, as I took deep breaths to calm my nerves.

"Jake will tell you guys when to attack. So wait till I signal him." I said, revising the plan in my head. "Pray that this goes well." I said, as I looked at Jay. He nodded slowly.

"All the best." He said, smiling. I smiled, giving him a thumbs up, as I opened the door and stepped out. I closed the door, and indicated Jay that he can turn the car around and leave. I stood there, till I saw his car disappear around a corner.

I took a deep breath, as I began walking towards the Scorpion's hideout. Soon, after a few minutes of walking, I reached there. I hid myself behind a tree, as I saw two men guarding the main door. I closed my eyes, calming my nerves, as I came out of the hiding and walked up straight towards the place.

"I'm sorry ma'am but you are not allowed to go in there." One of the guards stopped me from entering inside. I smirked, as I pulled down my mask, revealing my face.

"Tell Taehwan that what he seeks is right here at his doorstep." I said, as I played with the mask in my hand. The guard nodded, as he went inside to inform Taehwan. Soon, he came out, along with another man. The man tried to get hold of my arms but I didn't let him touch me. "I have come here myself with an offer so you don't have to take me in as a hostage." I spat, as I glared at him. He scoffed, as he motioned me to follow him.

We walked inside the place, one man in front of me and one man behind me. The house looked really ordinary from outside until we went downstairs. We came across Dohyun, who was one of the members of the Scorpions.

"Well, what do we have here? The kitten finally got caught?" He asked, smirking, as he looked at me, clearly amused. I rolled my eyes at him, as I chuckled darkly.

"I have come here with a deal, you dumbass. Otherwise you would have never caught me." I said cockily, insulting him. Dohyun cursed, as he came closer and grabbed my jaw harshly, which made the men around me catch hold of my arms before I could retaliate.

"Don't test your limits Diana, or else I won't hesitate to fill your pathetic body with bullets." He growled, as he glared at me. I smiled, as casually I removed his hand from my face.

"And hence loose the chance of becoming one of the strongest mafias. You wouldn't want that Dohyun, would you?" I spoke softly, spite evident in my voice, as I glared at the male. Dohyun scoffed, as he let me go and motioned us to go ahead.

We walked through the passage and soon we stopped in front of a room. The man in front of me pointed towards the room, indicating me to go inside. I sighed, maintaining my composure, as I entered the room. I saw a man, in his late twenties, sit behind a table over which some papers were scattered. I immediately recognised the male.

"Welcome, Diana. I hope you have a good deal to make or else I'm afraid I have some work to do which requires me to kill you." Taehwan said, as he looked up at me, a sinister smile on his face.