33 | anonymous call

Jungwoo's POV

"Sir, you need to see this." Soojin said, as he switched on the news. I looked up from the papers, as I heard the reporter say something.

"A house was caught on fire last night. Local people say it was around midnight when they heard a blast in the house. Fire brigades was called but unfortunately, everyone was dead. Four partially burnt bodies were found, one was recognised at the leader of one of the dangerous mafia groups whose name is Taehwan. Some packets of drugs were found in some of the storages. Authorities are investigating whether is was an accident or was there another mafia behind it." The women said, as she gave a sharp nod in the end.

Soojin switched off the tv, as he looked at me, worried. I sighed, as I pulled out the drawer, taking out a cigarette from it and lit it, placing it on my lips.

"Sir, someone attacked them last night. I had sent spies on TXT's place but all they found was an empty house, no sign of the members." Soojin said, his hands behind his back, as he looked at me, an annoyed expression on his face. I nodded, as I blew out a smoke ring.

"Tell my men to strengthen the defence and keep a look out on our enemies, we are going into a war." I said, as I turned my chair around, looking outside the window while smoking, as the younger male nodded, walking out of the room to inform the others.

Diana's POV

"Taehwan said that before I dropped by him for the deal, another lady, in her late forties or something had come to him with the same exact deal." I said, pacing in my room, as Yeonjun sat on the bed, looking at me, confused.

"What deal?" He asked, tilting his head. I turned around, as I looked at him with a worried expression.

"That she will help Taehwan have Dad's mafia." I said, looking at the yellow haired male who was sitting in front of me. His eyes widened at my statement. "I just can't think who could it be." I said, as I slumped down on the sofa, defeated. Yeonjun furrowed his eyebrows, as he thought hard.

"I have a few friends out there who might help us. And we can always check the CCTV cameras of that area too." He said, shrugging his shoulders. My eyes widened in shock, as I whipped my head around to look at him.

"You have access to CCTV cameras?!" I asked, shocked. He nodded, smiling.

"Let's say, some of my friends have access who can help us if we reach out to them." He said, grinning. I gave a small shout out of sheer happiness, punching the air, hoping we would get a lead.

"What are we waiting for then? You call your friend's saying we are dropping by." I said, getting up, as I walked over to my closet to grab some clothes. Yeonjun nodded, as he walked out of the room to inform his friends that we are dropping by.

Jake's POV

"Where's Diana? I can't find her." I asked Sunghoon, who was sitting on the couch, busy watching news on the tv. He turned around, looking at me.

"She and Yeonjun went out half an hour back for finding some clue about the mysterious woman." He said, shrugging his shoulders. I nodded, as I sat down beside him, watching the news. Suddenly, Sunghoon's phone rang. I looked at him, as the male felt his pocket, taking out his phone and placing it beside his ear.

"Hello?" He spoke. "Yes...how did you know?...okay...alright...we'll be there in an hour." He said, before cutting the call.

"Who was it?" I asked him. He shook his head, as he casually shrugged his shoulders.

"Someone who knows Jungwoo well. He said that Jungwoo knows that he is going to be attack next so he doubled his defence. This person said he knows which parts would be heavily guarded so he wants to give the information to us." Sunghoon said, looking at me as he thought hard. I nodded after hearing him out.

"What does he want in return?" I asked him. He sighed.

"He wants to fight on our side for avenging someone from his family I guess. He said this." Sunghoon said. I nodded slowly, after keeping the fact in mind.

"What if it's a set up?" I asked him, worried. Sunghoon chuckled, as he kept his hand on my shoulder, patting it.

"I'll take Jungwon and Ni-Ki with me and we will be fine even if it's a set up." He said, assuring me. I smiled, nodding slowly.

"Alright then. Tell those two that you three are leaving." I said, getting up. Sunghoon nodded, as he switched off the tv and stood up, leaving to tell Jungwon and Ni-Ki about this.

Diana's POV

"We literally didn't find anything." I said, defeated, as I got into the car. Yeonjun nodded, as he started the car's engine.

"The lady's face was completely hidden with a hat." He said, clicking his tongue. "Plus no one knows who could she be." He said, as he turned his head around to look at me. I nodded, as I looked out of the window. The sky was dark already, as the sun had already set. Yeonjun started the car, as we began making our way to our place.

━━━━━(🥀)━━━━━

"We are back!" I said, as I closed the door behind me. I looked up and saw Jay and Jake sitting in the hall, talking among themselves, worried. Confused, I walked up to them, Yeonjun behind me.

"What happened?" I asked Jake. Both of them looked up, as they realised me and Yeonjun were already back.

"Did you get anything?" Jay asked, looking at me and Yeonjun. Yeonjun shook his head in denial.

"Absolutely nothing." He said, sighing, devastated. Jay nodded, he slumped down back into the sofa, worried. I looked at both of the males, who were sitting down quietly.

"Jake, what happened while we were gone?" I asked him, worried. He looked at me, worry evident on his face.

"It had been three hours since Sunghoon went out with Jungwon and Ni-Ki and they are still not back."