Epilogue

Diana's POV

"Please, next time, I'm calling you to interrogate spies." Jinyoung said, as he chuckled. "That man just spilled everything in minutes meanwhile there is me who was struggling with him for half an hour." He added, causing Hyunjae to burst out laughing. I rolled my eyes, as I chuckled softly.

"He spilled because you had beaten him up pretty bad." I said, raising my eyebrow, as I looked at Jinyoung. He chuckled, as he shook his head.

"He's right, Diana. That man probably found you more scary than Jinyoung." Hyunjae said, as he burst out laughing hard, making Jinyoung embarrassed, as I saw blush creep into his cheeks.

"But you have to admit, she's more intimidating than you both." Doyoon said, sighing, as he kept down his gun on the table. Hyunjae nodded, agreeing with him. I chuckled, as I wiped the blood off my knives.

"Can't believe I have a bunch of complaining babies in my mafia." I teased, causing everyone to yell and protest. I burst out laughing, as I raised my hands up slightly in the air, giving up. "Alright, alright. I have really loyal and tough men, happy?" I asked, raising my eyebrows, as I chuckled softly. "Anyways, what's the news about the goods which were coming today?" I asked, as I looked at Doyoon.

"Arriving tonight, as they had said." He said, to which I nodded in response.

"Count the money to be paid and keep it in the safe for now. Only after you are satisfied with the quality, hand over the money to them." I ordered Doyoon, as I strapped my knives back on my belt, throwing the dirty cloth which was covered in blood in the dustbin. "What about the deal which we had in a few hours, is the venue decided?" I asked, as I looked at Hyunjae. 

"We are having it here. They are coming here in an hour." He said, nodding. I hummed in response, as I looked up at the clock which was hanging on the wall.

"Get the room ready and men on alert. I'm coming in a few minutes."

━━━━━(🥀)━━━━━

"You can check the quality if you want. I don't want my customers complaining later." I said, a slight smirk on my face, as I pushed forward the briefcase towards the male sitting in front of me. He nodded, smiling, as he handed the case to a black haired male, who opened the briefcase, tearing open a packet as he rubbed the stuff between in fingers and smelled it.

"It's genuine." He declared, as he handed the bag to someone who was standing behind him. The male who was sitting in front of me nodded, as he handed me a bag.

"You can count the money." He said, smiling. I nodded, as I handed the bag to Hyunjae, who was standing quietly behind me. He took the bag, keeping it on the table as he opened the zip and counted the money.

"The amount's exact." He said, as he closed the chain of the bag, glancing at the male one and then looking at me. I nodded, as I motioned him to leave the room.

"It was a pleasure doing a deal with you, Heeseung." I said, standing up, as I stretched out my hand, a smile on my face. He nodded, standing up, as he shook my hand.

"We must take leave now." He said, as he allowed me to leave the room first.

"My men will guide you to the door." I said, as I snapped my fingers, two men appearing in front of me as soon as I did that. "Show these men to the main door." I ordered them. They nodded, as they motioned the seven men to go ahead.

Jake's POV

"May I know where the washroom is? I need to wash my hand after touching the drugs." I said, as I showed one of Diana's men my dirty hand.

"Take a left from there and enter that room. The bathroom should be on the right." He said, smiling. I nodded, as I thanked him.

"You guys go ahead, I'll come back in sometime." I told Jungwon, as I motioned him to go ahead. He nodded, as he walked out of the house with the rest.

Diana's POV

"Jake? What are you doing here? Didn't the others leave?" I asked, confused, as I saw him standing at the door of my room. He sighed, as he sat down on the bed beside me.

"Great. I am not even allowed to meet my girlfriend." He said, defeated, as he looked down at the floor. I started laughing, as I pulled his cheek.

"Sheesh, don't be a crybaby. I got other things to do." I said, as I tied my hair into a messy bun. he clicked his tongue in annoyance, as he looked at me, slightly mad.

"Tell me the last time you came at our place to spend time with me. And the others." He said, as he furrowed his eyebrows, making me chuckle. "Yesterday you were busy with work. Day before yesterday you were at hyung's place. The day before that you were again busy in work. And the day before that- wait- what were you doing on that day?" He asked, as he looked at me, confused, as he failed to remember.

"I was at your place, with you." I said, raising my eyebrow, as I chuckled softly. 

"Right. You were with me- but the point is, I miss you." He said, as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I sighed, as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"The feeling is mutual. Running a mafia is so hard. Even though it had been two years, it still feels as if it's so new to me." I said, as I buried my face in his shoulder. "I wonder how Yeonjun runs it. Probably because he got the other four. And here I am, running a one man army." I spoke into his shoulder, my voice muffled.

"Still, you are doing so great. The entire mafia is back on track, with new men, advanced than before, everything." Jake said, as he chuckled softly. "Being a mafia boss runs in your blood I think." He added, as he tightened his grip around me, as he smiled warmly at me.

"You can say that." I said, as I looked up at him. "When my grandfather was the boss, this mafia was probably the biggest. After Dad took over, it sort of became- it was like-" I said, as I stopped, finding the perfect word.

"Evil. Cruel. Was more interested in power and money than anything else." Jake said, sighing, as he completed my sentence. I nodded, agreeing to him.

"Exactly. It took a lot of work to bring it back to how it was, changing our allies, the entire thing." I said, as I rested my chin on his shoulders. "Never knew it would be such a huge responsibility with such power." I muttered, as I closed my eyes, sighing.

"Now look at you," Jake said, as he placed his hand below my chin, making me face him. "Living like a queen in her own kingdom." He said softly, as he smiled.

"She couldn't have done this without the king's support though." I said, as I smiled softly at him. He chuckled, as he cupped my face with both of his hands, pulling me into a soft kiss.

"Anything for you." He said, as he pulled apart. I smiled when suddenly I heard hurried footsteps approaching the room. I quickly stood up, as I saw Jinyoung approach.

"Sorry to disturb you both," He said, apologising, as he looked at Jake and me. "Diana, we got a problem. Our men who went to give the goods at the outskirts of the city have been taken as hostage. It was a set up." He said, worry clearly evident on his face. I clenched my fists in anger, turning my knuckles white.

"No one messes with my men and gets away with it." I said, as I looked at Jinyoung. "Tell the others to get ready. We are going to bring them back."