34 | trap

Diana's POV

"They what?!" I shouted in surprise, as I looked at Jake, dumfounded. "Why did they go out in the first place?!" I asked him, my heart clenching in fear. He looked away, trying not to make an eye contact with me.

"Someone called him saying they had information on Jungwoo's defence and can help us giving information on where and the security is tight by how much." He said, scratching his nape nervously, as he stared at the wall behind me. I gasped in disbelief, at I stared at the male, wide eyes. Yeonjun facepalmed, after listening to Jake.

"You should have told us. We know the layout in and out and we would have at least known who had called." I said, as I slumped down on the couch, knowing it was a set up and that those three men's lives were in danger.

"There is no point in regretting now." Yeonjun said, trying to encourage us. "We should now try to know their location first." He added. I nodded, as I agreed to Yeonjun.

"Junie's right. We should probably-" I said but I was suddenly cut off as Jake's phone rang. Everyone looked at him, as he felt his pocket and took out his phone, accepting the call, putting it on speaker.

"Sunghoon?" He asked, worried. "Where are you guys we are worried sick?!" He added, as he stared at the screen.

"Your men are here, almost dead." A deep voice said, as the man chuckled. I felt as if all the air had been sucked out of me, as I whipped my head to look at Yeonjun, who was equally shocked.

"Dad..." He whispered, shocked, as he stared at the screen of the phone. Jake's and Jay's eyes widened, as they looked back at the phone.

"What did you do to them?" Jake asked, seething in anger. We heard Dad chuckle darkly from the other side.

"They came to me myself, son. I know that Diana is with you and is probably listening to this now." He spoke. I placed my finger on my lips, as I indicated everyone to stay silent. I sighed, as I leaned a bit into the phone to speak.

"What do you want from us Dad?" I said, my voice bitter. We heard Dad laugh again.

"You think you will defeat me? See your pathetic state for yourself, Diana. You won't even be able to stand in front of me." Dad spoke from the other side, his ego evident in his voice. Before I could even say something, the line went dead. Suddenly, Jake's phone buzzed, indicating that he had received a message. He looked at it, and then looked up at us wearily.

"It's from Sunghoon's phone..." He spoke softly. I nodded, as I indicated him to go ahead and open the message. A video was attached in a message. Jake pressed on the play button and the video started playing.

We could see the three men, beaten up and tied to a chair, in a dark room which was weakly lighted. Everyone could hear Dad laughing from behind, as he shot the video which soon after a few seconds, ended.

"That bitch dared to lay fingers on them like that-" Jay said, clearly angry, as he started making his way to the door. I quickly stopped him, as I made him turn around to look at me.

"He wants us to get mad. He wants us to make one single wrong move, and then he'll take the chance to take us down." I said, as tears threatened to fall my eyes. "We can't afford any single wrong move Jay. If we make one then those three won't make it out of there alive." I spoke softly, my voice almost a whisper, looking at the male with pleading eyes. Jay sighed, nodding, as his anger cooled down.

"She's right. We have to be cautious." Yeonjun said, walking towards us. I nodded, glancing behind Jay and saw Jake lost in his thoughts. I walked towards him, as I patted his shoulder lightly, which helped him bring back to reality.

"It happened again, Diana. I shouldn't have let them go." He spoke softly, staring at the floor. "I can't afford to lose them." He whispered, his voice cracking mid-sentence. I placed my hands on his shoulders and turned him to face me. He looked up and I realized that his eyes were glistening in tears.

"Nothing will happen to them, okay? It is not your fault." I said, leaning in to peck his lips, as I caressed his cheeks with my thumb. "We are going to get them back don't worry." I said softly. He nodded, wrapping his strong arms around me and engulfing me into a hug.

"Jungwoo is going to pay for this." He muttered into my shoulder, his tears drenching my t-shirt. I nodded, pulling apart from the hug.

"I'll tell rest of the people and then we can find a way to get them back." Yeonjun said, as he went inside to inform the others about this.

━━━━━(🥀)━━━━━

"I'll get the car ready." Soobin said, as he went out. Me, Jake and Soobin were going to bring back those three while the others stayed here in case someone attacked our place.

"You both are sure that the place was Jungwoo's warehouse?" Taehyun asked. Yeonjun and I nodded in reply.

"I know that place front and back." Yeonjun said, nodding slowly. "There is no way I might be wrong." He added. I nodded, agreeing with him.

"He's right. It's the warehouse." I said, as I strapped two knives to my belt and picked up my bow and quiver. "We should leave now." I said, as I saw Jake walking towards us, as he loaded one of his guns. Taehyun nodded, wishing us luck, as we two went out and got into the car, ready to leave.