60 | bonus chapter

Diana's POV

"Please tell me where the hell are we going. I had to hand over everything to Hyunjae and Jinyoung for this." I said, as I turned my head around to look at Jake, who was busy driving the car.

I was at my place, peacefully doing my work when my boyfriend suddenly decided to take me somewhere, after he shoved some of my clothes in a bag and threw it into the car, without even bothering to close the chain properly.

"I am telling you for the fourteenth time, it's a surprise." He said, as he glanced at me, a smile tugging his lips. I let out a frustrated sigh, as I looked out of the window, watching the greenery outside.

"Poor Hyunjae was just back from a holiday with his girlfriend. I had so much deals to take care of in the tour company-" I spoke but I stopped when suddenly I realised that the car had slowed down. I looked around, confused, as I realised we had stopped in middle of nowhere.

"For the past half an hour, you have been only yakking about how poor Hyunjae is, how busy your tour company is and how many deals to had to take care of." Jake said, his voice unnaturally calm. "If you don't want to join me, fine. I'm not forcing you." He said, as he laid back in his seat, placing his arms behind his head.

"Fine!" I said, as I unbuckled my seat belt. "Do what you want. I'll just go home from here." I said, as I got out of the car, closing the door shut with a loud bang. I looked at the fields, my arms crossed over my chest, as I fumed internally.

Suddenly, I heard the window of the car going down.

"I was thinking of having the sandwich which I packed for us while I played your favourite playlist in the car but it seems as if you are not interested." He said, as he looked up at me from the open window.

Jake's POV

I sat back on my seat properly, as I told Diana about the snacks and music. I was staring ahead at the road, tapping my fingers on the steering wheel when suddenly I heard the door of the car open. I turned around and saw Diana sitting on her seat, as she quickly closed the door.

"I hate you for doing this to me." She spat, as she buckled her seatbelt. I chuckled, as I started the car again, putting it on gear.

"And I love you too." I said, my chuckles turning into laughter, as I glanced at Diana. She shook her head, as she slowly started chuckling along with me.

━━━━━(🥀)━━━━━

"Diana?" I called out softly, as I removed my seat belt. I turned around, confused, after receiving no response, only to see her peacefully sleeping, her head rested on the window.

"Diana wake up. We reached." I said, as I leaned a bit towards her, shaking her a bit in order to wake her up. Soon after repeating it for a number of times, she stirred, waking up.

"What?" She asked, yawning, as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

"We reached. Come on, get up." I said, as I quickly got out of the car. She nodded, as she opened the door of her side, getting out.

"Where the heck are- Oh my god." Diana said, as soon as she stood beside me, taking in the view in front of me. We were in the middle of a forest, which had a resort in it and currently, we were standing in front of our cottage, which was pretty secluded from the others. "This was the surprise?!" She exclaimed, as she whipped her head around to look at me.

"Yes." I said, proud of what I had done. "Remember the last time we spent time together? You told me that there were a lot of things which we haven't done, and which normal couples do like doing star gazing and all those things. So I thought why not give ourselves a chance?" I asked, shrugging my shoulders, as I looked at her intently for her response. "So, you like it?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.