58 | promise to keep

Yeonjun's POV

"No!" I yelled, as I got up to my feet, running towards Aerum, who body was now on the floor, the gun lying on the ground beside her, a pool of blood around her head. "Aerum, wake up." I called out softly, tears falling down my eyes as I laced my fingers into hers, staring at her face. 

I broke down sobbing, as I hugged her lifeless body. "I forgive you, Aerum." I said, my voice barely a whisper, as I hugged her tightly, silent sobs escaping my mouth. "I fell for you the day I met you." I whispered, confessing, as I cried silently.

"Junie, where are you?" I suddenly heard Diana calling for me. "You are taking so much time I was worried- Aerum!" She shouted, her eyes wide in surprise and she ran towards me, falling down on her knees beside me, as she stared at the dead body in my hands. "W-What happened to her?" She asked, as she looked at me, horrified.

"She shot herself because she couldn't live on with the guilt that she had killed Jihun." I said, tears streaming down my face, as I looked at Diana. She let out a silent gasp, after which she quickly wrapped her hands around me, pulling me into a hug.

"I loved her, Diana. I shouldn't have let her shoot herself." I said, as I cried in Diana's arms. She shook her head, as she hugged me tightly.

"It's not your fault, Junie." She said, as she made me look at her. "You did the right thing letting her go. She knew that you deserved someone who loved you back the way you did to that person." She said, as tears streamed down her cheeks. "You were really selfless to do that. I am proud of you." She said, as she ran her fingers through my hair, trying to calm me down as I sobbed in her arms.

Diana's POV

"Let's go. The others are waiting for us." I said softly, as I gently patted Yeonjun's head, which was rested on shoulder while he cried all this time. He nodded, sniffling, as he pulled apart, before glancing at Aerum's body.

"I'll never forget you." He muttered, before he bent down and kissed her forehead, as he gently kept her arms on her stomach. I smiled softly as I stood up, stretching out my hand to help Yeonjun stand up. He took my hand, as he heaved himself up from the ground. He quickly wiped his tears, as he looked up at me, a sad smile on his face.

"Let's go."

Jake's POV

I woke up, as I felt something move beside me. I opened my eyes and realised I was lying in my own room, which was currently illuminated due to the sunlight falling inside from the window. I tried to recall how I had reached here but all I remembered was passing out in the car while we drove back home.

"You are awake." I heard someone speak suddenly. I looked to my side and saw Diana lying down beside me, as she looked at me intently, a smile on his face. I smiled, as I stretched out my arm, indicating her to rest her head on my arm. She chuckled softly, as she rested her head on my bicep, wrapping her hand around my chest.

"I am really mad at you for making me think that you were dead." She said, as I noticed tears trickling down her eyes, on my arm. "I really thought you left me." She added, as she quickly wiped her face. I smiled, as I placed my hand below her chin, making her look at me.

"First of all, I had a promise to keep." I said, as I smiled softly at her. She chuckled, as she nodded slowly. "Second, if I die, who will take care of my princess, hmm?" I said, as I raised my eyebrow, chuckling softly. Blush crept into her cheeks, as she lightly smacked my chest, flustered.

"Aish, cheesy guy. Did they hit you on your head or what? You are acting ten times more cheesier than before." She said, as she let out a breathy chuckle, while caressing my cheeks with her fingers. I chuckled, as I shook my head. "You had to go through all this because of me- I'm so sorry." She said, as she looked at me intently, her eyes glistening in tears. I furrowed my eyebrows, as I took her face in my hands.

"Don't be sorry. If you were there in my place, they would have already killed you." I explained, as I looked at her intently. "Promise me you will not feel guilty about this." I said, as I looked at her, waiting for her reply. She nodded, as she smiled at me.

"God, I missed that smile so much." I said, chuckling. Diana facepalmed, as she started laughing.

Diana's POV

"Okay, now I'm hundred percent sure that Jihun has hit you on your hea-" I said, chuckling when I was suddenly cut off as Jake quickly cupped my cheeks and slammed his lips onto mine, cutting me off before I could finish my sentence.

"Shut up. I'm only cheesy for you." He said in between kisses, causing me to chuckle softly.

"But Sunoo, what if he is not awake yet?" I suddenly heard Ni-Ki speak, as he approached near the room. Jake let out a few curses against my lips, making me giggle at him being annoyed.

"No Ni-Ki, he should be up by now, come on." We heard Sunoo say, his voice telling us that he was a bit annoyed at the questions thrown at him.

"Pretend we are asleep. Come on." Jake whispered, as he pulled apart and quickly closed his eyes. I facepalmed, as I quickly closed my eyes and shifted a bit so that I was comfortably lying down. I bit my lip, as I tried not to burst out laughing and blow our cover.

"But I don't hear anything." Ni-Ki said, as we heard the footsteps approaching stop. I heard Sunoo let out a dramatic sigh.

"Diana is beside him. They are probably kissing or something." He said with such confidence as if it was a worldwide fact.

"Remind me to kill Sunoo later for exposing us like that." Jake muttered under his breath, causing me to chuckle at his comment. "Keep quiet." He said, as he covered my mouth with his hand, muffling my chuckles.

"I highly doubt that- see? They are still asleep." Ni-Ki said, as he walked into the room. "You were lecturing me for no reason." He said, annoyance evident in his voice.

"Wha- How is that possible?" Sunoo said, as he gasped loudly, surprised. I heard Ni-Ki click his tongue in annoyance, as he lightly smacked Sunoo's back.

"You are being too loud." He whispered loudly, scolding the older male. "Let's go before they wake up or else Diana will smack our asses for waking her up." He added, as I felt him looking at me. I saw Jake bite his lip, as he tried his best not to burst out laughing.

"But I think I heard them talking before-" Sunoo said, before he was cut short and Ni-Ki grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the room, accompanied by Sunoo yelling in surprise.

"Oh god, the embarrassment is too much." I muttered, as I buried my face into the pillow, causing Jake to finally burst out laughing, which we was holding back all this time.