12 | spilled tea

Jake's POV

Sunghoon had to raid my closet to give her a few t-shirts? She looks good in my clothes though- Aish, what the heck am I even thinking?

I shrugged off my thoughts and I walked into my room, lying down on my bed before trying to go back to sleep. I could hear someone laughing and Jay shouting from the other part of the house but honestly, I couldn't care less. Soon enough, I drifted off to sleep.

Diana's POV

I woke up as someone pulled the curtains aside, allowing light to fall on my face.

"Come on, get up. It's already eight." Jay said, opening the curtains of the other window. I clicked my tongue in frustration since he ruined had completely ruined my peaceful sleep.

"No, let me sleep." I protested, covering my face with the pillow and trying to go back to sleep again.

"Okay, no breakfast for you then." He said, sitting on the edge of the bed and shrugging his shoulders casually.

"I was already awake!" I announced, sitting up straight as if my hair was on fire, giggling nervously. "I woke up at six itself. I was just joking." I said, a wide grin on my face. The male rolled his eyes at me, knowing that I was clearly lying in order to save my breakfast.

"You are a pathetic liar. Come on now, everybody is already up." Jay stated, standing up and leaving the room.

Jake's POV

I was sitting on the couch, surfing through my phone when suddenly, I heard a thud.

"Ow!" A familiar voice spoke. Worried, I got up and walked in order to check if everything was fine. I saw Diana on the floor, sitting and scooting towards a wall so that she could get up with it's support. I chuckled to myself, seeing her childish behaviour.

"Wait." I said, crouching down and wrapping her hand around my neck, helping her stand up.

"My butt hurts." She complained softly, her face scrunched up in pain.

"You should have called me." I stated, shaking my head at seeing the female complain at her suffering.

Diana's POV

I felt really weird as I walked, half of my body on Jake. Shivers ran down my spine whenever I felt his hot breath on my neck. And the fact that there was practically no space between us didn't make it any better.

Soon, we reached the dining table. I sat down quickly so that my heart- which seemed as if it would hammer out of my chest- would calm down.

"Thanks." I said, wondering why my heart was fluttering like that.

"No problem." He replied, pulling up a chair for himself and sitting on it.

Jake's POV

"Let's pay a visit to our friend downstairs." Jay said, as he walked up to me. Both of us went downstairs into the weapon room first to grab a gun each, after which we entered the dark room and switched on the lights.

"Come on, wake up." I said, splashing some water on our hostage's face. "Now you better answer our questions." I added, keeping the empty glass on the table in the corner. The man stirred from his sleep and sat up straight, facing us.

"Why had the Scorpions sent you here?" I demanded him, determine to extract information today. The man gulped before opening his mouth to answer.

"They wanted to know if the girl was here or not." He said in a hoarse voice, breathing heavily.

"Why do they want her?" Jay asked, hands on his waist as he glared at the man tied up on the chair.

"Her dad wants her dead. He will reward us if we prove to him that his daughter is dead." He said, followed by coughing a bit. I looked at Jay, who was equally confused as me after listening to what the man had revealed.

"Why do they want her dead?"

"The girl knows," He said but then he stopped, passing out in his chair. Jay went out to bring a glass of water till I searched man's belongings thoroughly which were kept on the table. Soon, Jay came back with a glass of water in his hand. I took the glass from him and forced the man to drink its contents.

"I mixed a bit of sugar in it so that he wouldn't pass out again." Jay spoke up as the man finished drinking the water.

"Why do they want Diana dead?" I asked him again, keeping the glass on the table.

"The girl knows the entire layout of his place, his dealings, everything. Apparently, her dad has noticed her spying on him and he knows that one day, she would take him down as a revenge for everything he did to people and her." The man replied after coming to his senses.

"Why is he afraid of being killed by his daughter?" I asked, confused, as I looked at the man tied in the chair.

"He used to think she was not trained well so he didn't mind much but later he realised she was trained, even more than his own men. And he knew she would take revenge of what all wrong Jungwoo had done." He admitted, his voice hoarse. I nodded, letting that fact sink in.

More than Jungwoo's own men? Yeonjun must have trained her really well.

"Do you know why does he hate her so much?" I asked. The man simply shook his head, refusing to answer.

"I don't believe him. He knows so much. He should know this too." Jay deadpanned, pointing at him. I nodded at his statement, agreeing.

"You are lying. Tell the truth." I commanded. The man simply shook his head again in denial. Suddenly, Jay's phone rang. He picked it up and after talking for a while, he cut the call and shoved the phone into his pocket.

"Sunghoon called. The second party scheduled the deal right now in half an hour. We have to leave." Jay said, motioning towards the door with his hand.

"I won't leave unless he talks." I sighed, rubbing my temples while thinking about how I could make him answer my question.

"You can stay back if it's alright for you." Jay suggested, shrugging his shoulders.

"Alright. Tell Heeseung I'm staying back with Diana."