22 | failed duties

Sunghoon's POV

"Sunghoon, you goddamn polar bear stop hibernating and get up!" I heard Jay shouting. I groaned in frustration, as I took the pillow beside me and covered my face with it, trying to go back to sleep again. As soon as I did that, Jay yanked the pillow away.

"Diana is fucking missing from her room!" He shouted, as he shook me awake. I opened my eyes in shock and saw Jay standing beside me, a worried expression on his face. I quickly sat up and looked at him, shocked.

"Are you serious?!" I asked, surprised at the unexpected event. Jay nodded furiously.

"I went into her room and saw her bed empty. I'll go and wake up Ni-Ki, Sunoo and Jungwon, you wake up Jake, and Heeseung." He said, as he quickly left his room. I quickly shifted towards the edge of the bed and stood up, making my way towards Jake's room first.

Where the hell can she go in the middle of the night? If she was kidnapped, one of us would have got to know.

"Jake wake-" I said, as I walked into Jake's room but I stopped in my tracks, as I saw two figures sleeping peacefully on his bed. I sighed in relief, as I realised no one was missing from the house. I went downstairs and met Jay on the way along with half-asleep Jungwon, who was rubbing sleep out of his eyes.

"Did you find-" He asked, as he saw me smiling. I nodded. "Where-" He asked but I cut him off.

"Diana is in Jake's room, both of them sleeping peacefully. Let them sleep for sometime. They'll wake up on their own." I said, grinning. Jay gasped in surprise but soon recovered from his shock as he nodded.

"What the heck is going on? Jay, why did you pull me out of the bed?" Jungwon asked, his eyelids half closed, as he looked at Jay, irritated. "I am going to sleep again if it's nothing important." He said, as he looked at me and Jay, yawning.

"The problem is solved. Go to sleep." I said, as I indicated Jungwon to leave. He nodded, muttering "Goodnight." and left. I chuckled, as I saw him walk away, half asleep.

"Did you literally pull him out of bed?" I asked, as I looked at Jay, my chuckles now turned to laughter. He shook his head, embarrassed.

"I told him his PS5 is on fire." Jay said, as he tried control his laughter. My eyes widened as I started laughing so hard that I doubled over, and laughed till my sides hurt. Jay also started wheezing, seeing me laugh loudly.

"But, how did Diana reach Jake's room?" Jay asked, still chuckling, as he wiped his tears. I shrugged my shoulder in response.

"Ask them. I have no idea." I said. I had guessed the reason but I wanted themselves to tell the reason to everyone.

Jake's POV

I woke up and saw Diana still sleeping peacefully in my arms, as we cuddled. I smiled to myself, as I pulled her closer to myself and closed my eyes again, recalling what happened last night.

Flashback

"Goodnight." Diana said, pecking my lips, as she turned to make her way towards her room. I grabbed her hand, pulling her back. She looked at me, surprised by my action. "What happened? I need to sleep." She said, giggling.

"Let's sleep in my room." I said, making a pouty face. Diana's eyes widened in surprise. "We'll cuddle." I said, hugging her.

"Aish fine. Such a puppy." She spoke softly, as she squeezed my cheeks. I smiled, as we quietly went upstairs and made our way to my room. It was a big bedroom, ivory and black color themed.

"Wait, I'll give you some fresh clothes to wear." I said, as I walked towards my wardrobe and pulled out one black t-shirt for me and a blue t-shirt for her, and two PJs.

"I'll be right back." She said, as she took the clothes from me and went into the bathroom to change. I closed the curtains and the door a bit and quickly changed my clothes and plopped on the bed, ready to sleep. Soon Diana came out, changed and stood beside the bed. I looked at her and realised she was a bit tensed.

"Is something wrong?" I asked her, worried, as I sat up straight, looking at her for her reaction. She nodded reluctantly.

"I have never slept like this with anyone before except Junie," She said, looking down, as she rubbed her right arm nervously. "T-That too when we were kids." She added, as she cleared her throat. I would be lying if I didn't say that I was a bit surprised at what she said. I sighed, as I patted the mattress beside me, indicating her to sit. She quietly sat down beside me, like an obidient child.

"It's fine okay? We can sleep like this." I told her, as I wrapped my arm around her. She nodded slowly, as we both shifted and lie down such that I was spooning her. At first, she was tensed and stiff but soon after, I felt her relax in my arms. Soon enough, I could hear her soft snores. I smiled to myself, a I shifted a bit and then drifted off to sleep.

End of flashback

You never deserved the kind of childhood you went through, Diana.

"Diana?" I called out softly behind her ear but she didn't respond. I unwrapped my hands from around her and lifted myself up, as I stared at her face. I saw her still peacefully sleeping, her mouth parted a bit, as her chest heaved up and down in a rhythmic way. I smiled to myself, as I pulled her hair away from her face.

"Princess, get up or else Jay will not give you breakfast and lecture you on how waking up early in the morning is good for your health." I said, chuckling. Diana stirred, as she turned to face me, her eyes a bit parted, eyebrows furrowed.

"I'll throw a fit if he touches my food. And I want to sleep more." She muttered sleepily, as she turned back again, trying to go back to sleep. I chuckled at her sleepy state, as I sat up straight.

"I'll wake you up again after sometime then." I said, chuckling. She hummed back in response and again went back to sleep.