-Ninety-Four-

Lament in the fields

Treasure trove in front of joy

Sharing of the lake

Amani:

            "Layton, I'm convinced you're never going to let me out of this bed!" I giggled relentlessly as he continued pressing a substantial number of kisses against my slightly bulging stomach. I was four months now, so 17 weeks and some change and my body had already began developing for quite some time; I was eager to see when I would start showing as I spent the beginning stages of my pregnancy huddled against a toilet, unable to keep most things down; but now since I was in my second-semester, I was glad to report that I would eat any—and everything that was in my vicinity, so much if it even looked appetizing.

            I guess that newfound hunger contributed to the growth of my stomach, or perhaps even the sizable change of my breasts that Layton seemed to have absolutely no problem adoring. With all of that in factor, Layton barely went a day when he didn't stop touching me... or the baby. I mean he talked to my stomach all the time, soon as Dr. Ojeda mentioned that our baby could hear us, he was chatting up a storm like no other.

            Layton pressed his lips against my stomach again as his hand cradled and rubbed it tenderly, "If it were up to me, your mommy would be in bed all-day... but she insists that she has to work up until the last minute." Layton looked up at me, his sparkling green-gaze capturing me instantly.

            "Which might I remind her is heavily frowned upon, even for the Empress." He finished.

            I rolled my eyes, "I already said I'll slow down once I get a little bigger, which might I remind you...I'm still not." I lifted myself up on my elbows so I could sit up in bed and Layton followed my movements careful as if I were minutes from falling off the bed.

            I cleared my throat and tossed my head over to the side to see what time it was; when I realized it was way passed the time I usually got up and got to work, I sighed.

            "I still have some extra planning that I need to go over for the Bourluçon Dive." I turned to face his curious expression, "I hope you've spoken with you tailors and seamstress so that you have your full wardrobe ready for the event, hm?" I titled my head to the side as I watched his face grow red with embarrassment.

            "I guess I have to add something else to my list, then." He replied as he looked away and scratched the back of his head timidly. I reached over and pecked the side of his cheek, "I'm really excited for the event and I'm pretty sure the court is as well and not to mention the public who managed to secure tickets in time for it all." I said to him.

            He turned back to me and smirked, "Who can blame them? The chance to see the Imperial Family up-close..." He reached over and rubbed my stomach softly, "And the baby bump you've been trying oh so hard to hide from everyone out there." He stated with a grin.

            I laughed. He wasn't lying. Once I started showing through my regular clothing, I figured it was time to announce the pregnancy to the citizens of Idizia. The minute the formal announcement had been made, news outlets were all trying to find key moments during my past public engagements when I looked anything relatively pregnant; it was quite hilarious really. I have to say though, I did a great job of hiding it for the most part thanks to Rose.

            Rose had curated a one-of-a-kind bag—well multiple with a variation of colors and I used it as a way to conceal my stomach. The buckle satchel with matching wallet were absolutely beautifully-made of this hand-picked leather that was smooth to the touch and it featured this crystal-infused Dove that clasped the bag close when not in use.