-Twenty-One-

Wisdom of the dead

Holding breath within this fall

Triumph of autumn

Amani: 

The last thing I wanted to hear in the morning was shouting. The first thing I liked to do was go for a nice run, finish off with lifting some weights to tone the body, then I would have a peaceful breakfast in the Peony room with all my favorites; I would then take a well-needed shower and get dressed and head to my office to begin my day.

Nice and quiet... peaceful.

I mean it would've been if the twins weren't both shouting at me as I sat there at my desk mid-type finalizing a few upcoming things for them. They both had come in here red-faced, huffing and puffing about the new mandate by their mother.

To publicly date an Oleo.

I knew it was only a matter of time before the Empress would reveal the plan to them; they couldn't debate her, but me on the other hand they would blow their heads off with defiance; it was one of the low points of being a PR, it could be rewarding and in the same end, it could be a pain in the ass getting your client on board with your idea.

In this case, her majesty asked me to scout for suitable candidates which was what I did. I gave her a pool of women that I felt after speaking to would make suitable matches with Oleo Inyene and another named Oleo Akuchi Daniau from Kcule; she was a sweet girl with a subtle personality just like Amory, I thought it would be nice because if I had chosen someone bubbly, I knew it would be a complete disaster for him to relate to her on any emotional level.

I did my best to find suitable matches for them, but instead they were shouting at me.

I already knew how they felt about this situation, but at the end of the day I worked for their mother, not them; I took her orders, not the other way around.

Slowly my eyes darted over to Éliane who was on her work tablet, she too had stopped what she was working on to look over with a wide-gaze; the twins had ultimately barged in here, forgetting to knock and immediately came at me with all their pent-up anger.

"Boys... our meetings are for later this afternoon, perhaps you can save this energy and we can talk about it calmly then." I said putting my hand up in order for them to cease fire.

Layton stopped speaking for a moment to take a break, Amory on the hand, his face was as red as a tomato and he scoffed bitterly, "Later? Oh, no you won't be seeing me at this meeting... how could you give a list of women for our mother to choose from?!" He questioned me.

I frowned, "She told me to, Amory. Do you want me to lose my job?" I asked him.

Frustratedly, he ran his large hands over his face in an extreme manner. I had seen him annoyed before, but never had I seen him this mad before; granted I hadn't been here long enough to see the full scope of their personalities, but today I think was the day I would see all shades of the Idizian princes.

"No! I never said that, but damn... I thought I told you how I felt about this whole situation. Nyarai and I are connecting with each other again.... how am I supposed to tell her that I'm going to publicly date another woman when it's her I want to be with?" His voice lowered and his shoulders slumped as if he had already been defeated.

I sighed deeply.

"I understand, Amory... I don't like doing this to you both, but again, I have to remind you that I am here to repair your images. Being in a steady relationship with a woman will show the public that you both are fit for your upcoming royal duties. Please don't make this harder on me." I said to him.