-Thirty-Nine-

People live carefree

Sweet chorus without passion

Birds fly eternally

Amani:

"Thank you so much for showing me around! I feel like I've been here for months and only seen just a small portion of what this place has to offer." I said took a bite of the well-prepared Italian pasta I ordered at this really high-end restaurant that Cyril took me to after we had spent the rest of the day enjoying the sights Idizia had to offer.

It was also very considerate of him to not take me to the tourist traps, rather just focusing on the nooks and crannies that locals were more adept to frequenting; it really gave me a native experience, one that I was beginning to wish I had if I had lived here when I was younger.

Cyril looked up from this plate and shook his head, "It's really nothing, I've been meaning to finally take a break from work and actually just enjoy myself for once these days." He stated with a wide smile. I smiled back taking a moment to observe the man I had randomly met at one of Rose's uncle's clubs back in Vancouver. What came to be an accidental encounter, turned into a very meaningful friendship that I was grateful for.

Cyril looked a bit different in the recent days, having cut down his hair for a change of look he settled for a faded cut with clean edges that highlighted his square shape jaw and high cheekbones; he still kept the boxed beard that went all around his face, I always admired a beard on a man.

"You seem to be working a lot these days... even in Dria your hands were quite tied." I said to him. Cyril sat back in his chair, using a white napkin to pat the corner of his lips before she spoke, "Yes, my mother and father have put quite the responsibility on me to really help with the businesses, after all I am soon to take over them as their eldest." He stated.

I pursed my lips, "That's a lot of responsibility, huh?" I said as I reached for my glass of wine, sipping it slow his eyes focused on me for a long moment before he nodded.

"Yes... but I can handle it." He sighed deeply looking away, "It's the least of my worries these days." He finished. I gave him an odd look furrowing my brow before I set my glass back down onto the table.

"Is something bothering you?" I asked him curiously.

Cyril turned to me again, his eyes focusing once more. "I wouldn't necessarily bothering me but my parents are quite adamant that I soon find a wife... carry the legacy as well as build a new one, you know?" He chuckled a bit nervously at what he just said.

I smirked, "Aren't all parents?" I asked him curiously.

He returned my humor, "Why of course... it's just been proven pretty difficult these days." He stated. I arched my eyebrow, "How so? Idizia is filled with plenty of women, unless there's been a shortage I'm unaware of." I said curiously.

Cyril chuckled and shook his head, "It's not that... it's just that some others may be more qualified than others. Excuse me, but my taste in women is quite particular." He stated.

I made a face of amusement, "And what's your type exactly?" I asked him curiously.

Cyril's gaze focused on the table for a moment before responding, "Definitely a very intelligent woman, well-versed in a variety of topic, loves to travel, funny, ambitious, always striving to improve herself... of course coming from a good background." He looked up at me and smiled, "And nothing quite beats an Idizian woman's physique, no?" He questioned me.