-Twenty Three-

Music plays at day

Wolf like sheep overcome with joy

Water flows untrue

Amani:

         The Empress was going to be gone for about a week or so for formal duties outside of the country. Before she headed off, she stopped by my office to let me know that she was counting on me to keep a watchful gaze over her children. She had complimented me numerous times about how well everything was going so far and hoped that the same would ring true while she was away.

            I, myself was not only riding off the high of being complimented by her Imperial Majesty, but the fact that Harmony had called not too soon after to let me know that she was liking what was going so far with my work; couple that with the fact that Blake was going to be in Idizia in several days, I could barely contain my happiness!

            I was on a mission to buy a couple new sets of lingerie for myself as soon as I finished off with the public events the twins had to attend in the next couple of days; we were currently on our way now to a school opening and I was browsing some cute sets on my phone in the meantime to occupy myself. Lord knows I needed this alone time with Blake; I haven't kept count, but I knew for sure I hadn't had sex in more than five months and I was going in sane at this point.

            My fingers stopped scrolling once I caught eyes on this red-ensemble that instantly made me think of a seductress; the fabric looked luxurious and well-crafted with a few Swarovski crystals over the bodice of the bra and panties; I instantly added it to my cart. The lingerie company—Elheu, was an Idizia-owned high-end store that really came out on top when it came to producing the best of the best undergarments and nightwear one could buy; I had a ton of things from Elheu, including the countless nightgowns and baby dolls I wore to bed, so I could definitely say I was VIP customer at this point.

            I continued scrolling losing myself in the new arrivals section of stuff until I heard Prince Layton clear his voice beside me, I looked to my side where he was sitting gazing out the window and arched my eyebrow, "Yes?" I asked him.

            He turned to look at me with a blank expression, "Oh, nothing." He said before turning back to look out the window again.

            Alrighty....

            I went back on my phone to finish off my purchase and add to the pick-up later option and heard him clear his voice again; I made sure I hit submit request before looking back up at the prince. "Yes, Prince Layton?" I asked more strongly this time.

            He looked back at my impassively and shook his head, "Why do you keep thinking I'm trying to get your attention?" He asked me.

            I narrowed my eyes, "Because you keep clearing your throat... I'm assuming there's something you want to say." I explained myself. Prince Layton shook his head, "No the colder weather at times makes my throat dry so I clear it." He informed me.

            My gaze continued to fixate on him, I did not believe a damn word that was coming out of his mouth right now; as if to confirm my very thoughts, Prince Amory who was sitting on the far end of the car chuckled a bit. I turned my gaze over to him, "Is there something I'm missing here?" I asked him since Layton was going to keep playing childish games.

            Amory cleared his throat and shook his head, "It's nothing, Amani..." He looked away barely making eye-contact with me before he started chuckling to himself again; I couldn't believe these two!