-Fourteen-

Love grows all alone

Hush of wind drinks life's essence

Bread shared to the West

Layton:

"Come on! I don't want to be late!" Amory rushed me as we piled out of the car together, heading straight to Clico's Cookie Crumble. Today was our last day at the popular bakery and ever since my brother saw Nyarai come in the first time, he's been busting his ass getting here early just so he could see her. Surprisingly enough, his mood has increased dramatically as the days went by; he was actually greeting customers with a smile, but maybe he was just appearing that way so Nyarai could see him, either way Amani was pleased.

What pleased her even more was the fact that we made the news, people actually had positive things to say about us spending our time at the bakery; it brought more popularity to the business and the owner was very thankful for that.

I couldn't believe we had already spent an entire week working here, I wasn't sad to go because I obviously did not prefer getting up early to do this when I could be doing other things, but it was interesting to see how others lived outside of the palace.

"Amory, we're right here... how much late can we be? Besides today is our final day working, relax, will you?" I said as I got out of the car, brushing my clothing in the process. I turned around, just as Amani was stepping out of the vehicle with us and I instantly pulled out my hand so she could step out easily. She took it, barely sparing me a glance as her eyes were intricately focused on her phone.

She's been very busy these past few days and I wasn't necessarily happy about it; my teasing and constant banter with her would go unfazed as she found her phone to be more amusing than me.

"Thank you." She said simply before strutting into the bakery, my eyes followed her until she disappeared between the glass doors. I cleared my throat and turned to look over at Amory who already had his gaze casted in my direction. "What?" I asked him.

He narrowed his stare, his head cocking slightly as he took me in, "I'd never seen you help a woman out of a car that wasn't our mother or sister... are you okay?" He asked me teasingly.

I furrowed my brow as I gazed at my twin brother with seriousness. "Why would I not be okay?" I questioned as I shoved my hands into the pockets of my trousers, I began walking towards the bakery, "And second of all... she is a woman so it's best for me to show my respect whilst in public." I stated matter-of-factly.

Amory scoffed, "We have a driver for that but sure, go ahead." He followed me towards the store, "Can you do me a favor dear brother of mine?" He inquired abruptly.

I spared him only half of a glance, "Yeah... what?" I asked him as he held the door open for me to pass through. I nodded in thanks as he followed silently behind me.

"Don't try to get in our PR's pants... I actually like her—don't tell her I said that!" His eyes went wide once he realized what he said to me. I smirked. "Oh, I might just use that over your head now, thanks for the blackmail material, brother." I nodded towards him.

Amory frowned, "I mean it, Layton... leave her alone. She has a boyfriend." He warned me. I stopped walking and looked over at my brother, I made sure he understood how serious I was being with my expression.

"I'm not going after her... can't I just admire a beautiful woman?" I questioned him. My natural instincts as a man would never lie to me, Amani was an attractive woman—a very attractive woman and a man such as I would be very blind not to appreciate her remarkable assets; it was unfortunate that she was already a taken woman, so I would respect that, but no one ever said I couldn't look.