-Thirty-One-

Failing in autumn

Beast of love escaping fast

Fall spreads in spring night

Layton:

"Do you want to hold her? Don't worry she's a calm baby." I said to Amani who was looking up at the my newly baptized goddaughter, Noham with curiosity. She turned to me with an uncertain look before nodding, putting her clutch to the side so she could prepare her arms for Noham. I carefully handed her off to her, Noham had her fist inside of her mouth as she looked around, but once she was placed in Amani's arm she looked up at her with admiration.

Amani looked down at her and smiled, "Hey little cutie." She said to her.

Noham responded with a wide tooth-less grin, her teeth had yet to form and she was still adorable regardless. I watches as Amani spoke to her and she looked up at her in wonder about what she was saying to her; I could feel a small smirk working its way up against my face. I knew it had to be weird thinking this at the moment, but I definitely thought to myself that she looked good with children; she had that aura around her that anyone could just admire.

I knew I had to be losing my mind because at that moment I wondered what it would be like to have a child with her. We hadn't been intimate with each other for too long, but I felt every time we got close like that something in me was changing, like I needed to be better for her and for my own future. Something about her spirit settled me, made me feel comforted, heard, and seen. Amani got that look in her eyes whenever we spoke and it felt like I was melting into her, nothing matter at that moment than being with her.

I had ultimately become addicted to her.

And quite honestly, I didn't give a fuck.

Now the question was, is it normal to imagine a child growing in the woman you may have feelings for at the moment? Even better... why was it that every time I was separated from her for far too long, I somehow found a way to get back to her? Just like now using my goddaughter an excuse for my presence.

In my opinion, it was better than her having a conversation with that butler boy who seemed to be working this event today. I had watched from my peripheral as she chatted and laughed with him; I didn't like that... how comfortable she was around him.

"You're such a sweet baby..." She cooed to her, Noham gargled a laugh in response.

Amani smiled but just as quickly her eyes widened, "And... you're drooling." She turned to me quickly, "Layton do you have her bib?" She inquired. I nodded and pulled it out of my pocket before placing it around Noham's neck for Amani. "They were taking pictures with her and wanted it off." I explained. She nodded and dapped the drool coming down the side of her mouth.

I cleared my throat, "I hope she didn't mess up your dress." I said to her in a worried tone. Amani gave me a brief smile, "It's fine... she's a baby." My eyes traveled down to the dress Amani was wearing today, she looked absolutely divine in a pine-colored polka dot, wrap midi dress; the contrast between the green and her skin was absolutely breathtaking, I don't think there was a day that Amani was every dressed inappropriately, she always wore the finest of the finest and it complimented her tremendously.

The fabric hugged her numerous curves with ease, I had to keep tearing my gaze away from her as I continued imagining all the different ways I would take it off of her.

My mind was sinful place, even I could admit that.

"Prince Layton!" I quickly snapped out of it and realized Amani had been trying to get my attention, I looked over to see that she was handing Noham back over to me she was reaching out for me and instantly went to grab for her, "Sorry... I sort of spaced out." I said to her.