-Twenty-Four-

Cover of lovers

Mirror lake hovers above

Frog jumps in twilight

Layton:

So, this was the famous "boyfriend" huh? It didn't take me long before I concluded that I was unimpressed by him all together. Amani stood proudly beside him, clutching him so tightly you would think at the slightest indication of release he'd be bolting to the door; shouldn't it be the other way around? He should've been the one holding onto her for dear life, there were about two other gentlemen in here with eyes for her, so this Blake better watch out.

Amani's boyfriend waved lightly, his eyes trailing around the room again to get a full scope of the people inside; his gaze seemed to linger more on the men around here, his eyes stopping on me eventually and I did nothing but reply with a slight smirk.

I could see his eyes slightly narrowing as he tried to figure me out.

Though the interaction was short-lived because Amani quickly pulled him away privately to another room, perhaps to just chat with him, I furrowed my brow.

I hope she was just chatting.

"Man, don't stress about it, there's other women in Idizia." I heard Oli Jaala whisper to Cyril who had his head slightly dropped in defeat, as if he ever had a chance to begin with.

"I know... I know, it's just that I didn't think I'd see the boyfriend again after that time in the club. What kind of wistful thinking was I doing thinking I could get a girl like that?" He whispered back to him sadly.

Wait Cyril had met Blake before.... and Amani?

That made a little more sense now that I saw them dancing at these formal functions a lot, and too comfortably might I had; I knew that had to have known each other from somewhere, but a club? What club in particular had they all gone together.

I wondered to myself what Amani would look like in short tight—

"Layton, would you like another drink?" I looked up to find Rose looking down at me from where I was sitting curiously. I cleared my throat and adjusted myself accordingly, had I looked spaced out to her? I shook my head, "No thank you... I've had my fill for the most part." I said to her.

She nodded, "Well, if you need anything let me know." She stated.

I gave her a simple head nod before turning my attention to the Jenga game that Éliane and Johnny were still continuing despite the fact that the others were tapped out; they both sat on the floor, Éliane on her knees as she intricately tried to pull another block out from the others. Johnny watched her encouragingly a she did so.

I had a strong need to fuck with her again to see the entire thing tumble to the floor. But I decided against it and let her have her peace. I continued looking around the room again and my eyes stopped on Amani's other best friend, Lisa was it? She was sitting on the end of the adjacent couch looking the least engaged with everyone in the room, her eyes trailed on her phone as she scrolled aimlessly; she was so different from Rose who always seemed to be connected to the hip with Amani.

Her on the other hand, she seemed the most distinct and uninterested.

And mean.

Maybe that was just her face or something, but for some reason I felt like she had this negative energy around her like the kind of person who always had a rain cloud over their head. She suddenly looked up from her phone as if she had just remembered she was sitting here and turned in my direction.