-Sixty-One-

Sharing of lost ruins

Happy dance in front of joy

Armies march lightly

Amani:

"Princess Amani... please look this way into the light, so we can make sure you are okay." A paramedic informed me kindly. I hadn't realized that I had spaced-out once more during my medical examination, my mind replaying over and over the last moments where everything had seemed alright, right up until that explosion.

I had never experienced something like that ever in my life; I had seen tons of action-packed movies, the kinds where the hero was always fighting the villains in this crazy ninja way—explosions popped up, out, and around all over the place, it was normal in a setting such as that... but here, in real life...

It was horrifying.

I had never heard something so loud in my life—the ringing in my ears at times, almost felt unbearable, the sensation of the intense wave of heat wash over my face, almost as if I had been sitting right in front of a fireplace with my face so close to the flames I could feel the licks of heat prickling at my skin. Glass and particles had flown everywhere, I knew this because the girls and I had cuts all over our faces. Apparently, according to the examiner, I had knocked my head a bit after being tossed by the spontaneous eruption and in the process, I also landed on my wrist incorrectly, spraining it mildly. Someone had already come and wrapped my hand in an elastic band to help with compression as well as a splint to keep it stabilized.

They were now checking and making sure everything was alright with my head, but the doctor would be here soon to reaffirm that; once everything was calm they would take me to the hospital to have all my injuries and such documented. But nothing mattered to me more than making sure Gerald was okay. Seeing him there laying against the cold hard floor, bleeding from the head made me want to rush over to him; just a moment ago he was smiling right at me, the next we were all screaming for our lives.

How could someone do this!

This moment right here made me understand completely why my mother and fathered negated to tell me anything about my history here in Idizia; I knew it had to be my mother's worst nightmare come true, she had seen her own cousin suffer a fate so tragic it had shaken her to the core, now to imagine her daughter potentially going through the same thing, I'm sure it had broken her. She was with me up to the point the paramedics had come through, crying almost hysterically not wanting to let me go, but she eventually left the room with her phone against her ear saying she had to make a few emergency calls.

I looked at the light the examiner was shining into my eyes and obeyed the commands of moving my eyes in the dictated directions, before they cleared me out. "We want you to rest up a little bit, okay Princess? You're going through a very traumatic moment and we want to make sure you're healthy and safe, understand?" The woman informed me.

I nodded slowly.

The examiner gave me a soft assuring smile and brought the blanket they had wrapped over my shoulders over the rest of my body; it was spring time, but my body felt as if I had stepped into a freezer; I was still shivering, my hands clammy and cold to the touch. All I wanted to do was close my eyes and wake up from this nightmare, but I knew that wasn't going to happen, everything going on right now was in real-time and I couldn't escape that.

The examiner left my side, promising to come back and check on my heart-rate and blood pressure later joust as Ms. Kayaode had come over with a cup of hot tea for me to drink; she herself seemed pretty shaken up, but she masked it as best as she could with a warm smile