-Sixty-Seven-

Bread shared music plays

Playful jest without passion

Gardens spread slowly

Amani:

I only felt fire. Fire in my eyes, fire in my ears, my face, and my body. The heat lighting my body up like the sun spurting out on a cold winter's day. Without even thinking, I marched up towards the man responsible for causing nothing but harm, pain, sadness, and fear to my entire family and whacked him across the face. The sound of my skin colliding with the side of his cheek erupted with a loud echo in the room we were standing in, the sound vibrating before slowly dissipating into the air.

The man, a bit caught off-guard by the action slowly turned his face back to me, a sick grin spreading across his very pale face as she spoke to me. "What a royal blessing! Her future Imperial Majesty grazing my poor Pusian face with her royal hand... I guess dreams do come true." He sneered sarcastically. I responded to that comment with another backhand to the face, this one harder and hurting my hand slightly, but nothing compared to the pain felt by everyone I loved and cared for.

"That one hurt more." He barked as his eyes narrowed in my direction.

I didn't care that it hurt, I didn't know what Cairo and her team did to those other men, but since I reckoned they weren't here that could only mean one other thing...

Death.

And as cruel as it sounded to even think it, I didn't want this man hurting anyone else, so long as I walked the same earth as him. "Pusia as you know it is gone. Stop living in a fantasy world, it will never return. It is now Idizia." I said to him.

That seemed to anger him, the smile had now dissipated as his stormy eyes began to cloud tremendously almost spiraling into a muddy steel. His jaw was clenched tightly as his teeth slightly bared a grimacing expression. "A fantasy? A fantasy?" He questioned me and I continued remained poised as I stared him down, I would not show him any kind of fear no matter how hard my heart was beating at the moment; Cairo was here, she wouldn't let anything happen to me.

"I am living breathing proof that Pusia is not a fantasy, dear Princess. For generations my family ensured to keep the bloodline pure and free from intermixing like this country despicably did... all of them traitors once the country had been overturned!" He spat angrily.

I frowned deeply, "So in-breeding was your result." I more so stated than inquired. I didn't much care for his villain sob/backstory, his plights were not mine and it was in no way garnering sympathy from me or anyone around me for the fact. "You were delusional to think a country that was populating with a majority of Africans was going to somehow keep Pusian blood circulating within them." I stated.

The man looked perplexed by me almost as if he were slowly trying to figure me out at the moment. His eyes continuously focused on me as if I were a prized ornament he was seducing to steal, it was creepy. "You've been doing your reading haven't you? I didn't expect a North-American raised Princess to much of the country her parents had forced her to abandon." He stated.

I took a deep breath in attempt not to let his words get to me. It wasn't my parents' fault, they did what was best for me at the moment and that was it. I could imagine if I stayed and they had found out my mother had a child... maybe I wouldn't even be here today myself. As for the reading, I did a tremendous amount when I had the time, after hearing about the so-called extremists, I enlisted the help of Mishka the bookkeeper to find me any texts and writings about these people.