-Seventy-Two-

Scents drift without fear

Playful jest without passion

Lanterns swing untrue

Amani:

        "Don't worry about me, your dad wanted to go hike and requested my presence. We'll talk later once I get back, keep an eye on Yame for me please :) I love you."

-Layton

         I read the note Layton left beside me on the bed one more time to make sure I had processed exactly what he had written to me. My father wanted to hike with him? I wondered why he didn't ask me to join him; dad and I always hiked together, it was like our bonding time, but maybe he was just trying to bond with Layton today, so I guess I could let it go. I only hoped that with them being together like this, it was a good sign that he was starting to see Layton as a potential partner for me. I sighed deeply and slipped out of bed wondering what I was going to do for this morning since Layton was not going to be here with me.

            I thought maybe today would be a perfect opportunity to go visit Ardaral castle like I said I would on this trip to Fhauri; my friends and I had spent this vacation shacking it up by the beach catching the rays of the sun, maybe today would be a good time to pause and take a look at Idizian history, a place that was my home unknowingly.

            Also, it'd be cool to visit a castle!

            I texted the girls on my phone, my plan for today and they quickly agreed that they were down to join me as well. I got ready in my en-suite bathroom, showering and dolling myself up for the trip before making my way over to Yame's room to see how he was doing. Thankfully, the hired nanny already had him up, cleaned, and dressed for the morning.

            "Good morning, handsome." I smiled as Yame came rushing over to me for a hug. I hugged him back squeezing him gently as I could feel that he was excited to see me again. This little boy was growing on me weather I liked it or not, the more time he spent with me, the more I became accustomed to what it was like having a child around; I wouldn't say it was the easiest thing in the world, so I was definitely thankful to know that if I needed to, a quick snap of the fingers and there would be hired help to take over.

            Though Layton was definitely a more hands-on father, I could tell; he only used the nanny when absolutely necessary, like when we were stepping out for an adults-only night, or something of the sort. When it wasn't any of that, he was the one giving Yame his baths, reading to him, and putting him to bed.

            I admired that heavily about him.

            But it also put me in a predicament with myself, inquiring about Cléa knowing that I was to be Empress, I was going to be extremely busy; Ms. Kayaode showed me a draft of the future engagements and tours I would soon go on after gaining my ascending tittle. I'm not sure how I would fit nurturing a child hands-on into that process, especially since she was school age because I couldn't just up and bring her with me everywhere.

            Although... I could hire round the clock tutors so she would remain on par—

            I quickly shook my head out of my thoughts, I was already making arrangements as if I had her in my custody; I wondered if this was how Layton felt when he was in the process of gaining Yame. So much was going on these days, not to mention Layton was acting quite odd after our evening out having dinner, he said he would tell me what was up, but I kind of forgot and we ended entangled in bed with him for the rest of the night. I was sure when I woke up, we would really get to the source of what altered his mood so drastically, but he had already gone off with my father.