-Seventy-Eight-

Dances in summer

Nature's grasp without answers

Leaf drifts music plays

Layton:

         "Time to wake up, daddy." Those were the first words I heard before I even opened my eyes to greet the morning sun. My son's voice telling me it was time to get up, though I always do recall having to be the one to wake him up and not the other way around. My eyes immediately flew open to meet his deep brown gaze. Yame looked down at my face in curiosity; he was nearly on top of my chest with a bit of a smile brushed upon his small face.

            Had I overslept?

            I don't think I did. None of my alarms had gone off and I prayed to God that I remembered to set them to begin with. But now that I think of it, I was naturally an early bird so it didn't bother me to get up, just if someone else was doing it before I was "ready" it would probably irritate me, but I would never be like that with Yame; it's clear he was here because something else had woken him up.

            I reached over for my phone to see what the time was and I let out a sigh of relief when I realized it was way earlier than I thought it was; my alarms had also been turned on appropriately, so I would be able to get up.

That was good news for me.

I set my phone back down and looked over at Yame with inept curiosity. "Why are you up so early, buddy." I placed a light kiss on his forehead which he responded with a giggle.

            "Not sleepy anymore." He replied to me simply.

            That made a lot of sense since he did go to bed earlier than usual, hence him waking up before I did; I was learning a lot about how children tended to change their patterns here and there and it was quite fascinating.

            I smiled softly and ruffled his hair lightly before sitting up in bed causing him to adjust his place on my chest to sitting on his knees in bed. He was still dressed in his pajamas and slippers, so I decided now would be the right time to get him cleaned up and outfitted for his schooling later on today. "Since we're up a little earlier than usual... how about we get ready and then have some breakfast, hm?" I asked him.

            Yame nodded enthusiastically and quickly scurried off of the bed to head back to his bedroom suite and I followed behind him, grabbing my robe on the way out so I could tie around myself. Usually around the morning in the estate, it was relatively quiet; the residence staff were probably among the few that would be circling the area, preparing the home for the remainder of my family to get up and go on about their normal routines.

            One of the few people who would be up around this time is probably my step-dad, Eligia; he tended to like to go out for runs at the trails behind the estate shortly after, he would lounge in one of the smaller dining spaces with a newspaper in one hand, hot cocoa caffeinated in the other. He was a quiet man, friendly, but you could tell he was the kind of guy who was simply about his family and business nothing more; I had a few pleasant chats with him here and there when I got the opportunity to.

            Other than that, Nyarai was probably up as well. Since Louka was of school-age, she too got him ready for the day before she would head out to her own professional job in the city. It wasn't too long ago before Nyarai and Louka had moved into the Mellan Estate by Amory's request of course; I think he wanted everyone to be close to him, while also having the convenience of being by his son as well.