-Thirty-Six-

Agreeing strangers

Sleeping child stands with courage

Hearts run in shadows

Amani:

"So, what I just divulged from that entire story is that I'm going to be an uncle." Prince Layton sat back in his seat with a wide smile on his face to the dismay of his brother who quickly shot him a look so deathly I was afraid it would manifest into a knife and stab his twin.

Layton quickly put his hands up in defense, "Just lightening the mood, brother is all... children are a blessing." He muttered that last part to himself before he picked up a cup of tea he had ordered from the room service. Layton and I came over to the White Moon hotel as quick as we could after taking in the news Prince Amory had shared with me over the phone; Layton's and I's very intimate moment cut short by this drastic news that made every passing moment one of complete fear of how I was going to get ahead of this story.

These boys really knew how to work my blood pressure up.

If it wasn't one twin, it was the other.

I could imagine how they used to be as children because right now I needed a long nap... or as matter of fact, a drink; yeah, I could very much use something to knock back at this moment. We were doing so well too! Amory was getting what he wanted; Layton to a degree, her Imperial Majesty... everyone seemed to be at peace, but alas, a wrench had to be thrown into the mix.

The work of a PR was never over even on holiday.

Amory scoffed, "A blessing... when had with the right woman! That maid I just screwed around with is not someone I want to be a reoccurrence in my life, not in a million years." Amory slumped back into his seat in defeat, shutting his eyes as he rubbed his face numerous times; I could understand his frustration, I'm sure he felt as if he was dealt the short end of the stick in this situation taking he had just managed to not only get the woman he loved back in his arms but his mother also allowed him an opportunity for the both of them to prove themselves.

Now that seemed to be the least of the royal family's issues.

How where they going to compensate for a potential prince or princess born out of wedlock? This was going to hit major news sources like a grenade and ultimately cost a public disaster. I was sitting down as I overheard both of the brothers speak amongst each other as I wrote up potential strategies on my phone; I could literally feel tiny beads of sweat begin to form at the top of my head as I continued to stress about the situation.

I continued drawing different road maps on how each prospective outcome with resonate and made the royal family look in the end and most of them resulted in negative press; there only seemed to be one solution that could fare well with the heat they were going to get if the baby turned out to be Amory's.

"Amani!" I looked up to see Prince Amory hovering over where I was sitting on the loveseat muttering to myself like a mad woman and saw that he too had a look of distress painted on his face.

"Please tell me you are able to fix this?" His voice sounded desperate and weak.

I sighed deeply. "I'm thinking right now and If I have to be truthful, none of these choices you're going to like and I'm not a miracle worker, I can only do so much." I said honestly to him. His face slowly deflated and he took a seat back on the chair and shut his eyes again.